Chapter 12

As time passed by, Mira started to follow Tara's advices.She joined as a teacher in a school nearby her place. Although it was not enough to give her an indpndnt life but atleast she use to feel happy for some part of the day and got herself busy with other things. Seeing lil childrens and their innocence, she use to feel happy and prayed for their happiness. Tara was happy seeing Mira that way. But it wasnt a permanent solution. Tara's dad once called Tara to him,

"Do u thik we dont luv her?" he asked.

Tara wasnt talkng much to anyone since many days. She looked at him and could see tears welled up in his eyes, "Papa i knw u luv her, may b more than i do but why dont u do smthng for her." she said sitting near him.

His father loked at her and he broke down suddenly.

"I felt betrayed by my own children. Didnt u felt i loved you? So much happened behind my back and i wasnt informed? M i not the part of family?"

Tara realised his father's pain, in her anger she couldnt see her father had been hurt too. "papa, we are sorry about it but we were scared. U knw when Jai knew abouut it, he slapped di, di was very scared that if Jai could react dat way what would u have done."

"What? Jai slapped her? who the hell is he? wait i will talk to him right now." and he tried to stand up, Tara stopped him, "Papa, stop , all that doesnt matter, its over, its been more than year it had happened since. leave it. And papa.. i understnad u r angry from us but right now di's pain is greater than anyother thing ryt? We need to do something for her."

"Hmm" he thought for a while and replied, "I will bring her back. She dont have to stay with that man anymore." "Thank you so much papa, i love you, you are the best." saying that she hugged him, after a very long period she smiled.

Things were going on at their pace, Mira's mother wasnt happy at the idea of bringing her back, being a mother she was scared that people in their socety will blame Mira for the broken marriage. The area they belonged to wasnt very forward and could not accept such things easily. She knew Mira will be blamed for not being a good wife, no one would care to know what kind a husband akshat was. But then all family memebers tried to make her understand that to them Mira's happiness was more important than anything else. She knew that but her fears were not letting her accept it, but slowly, she agreed.

"MAa if u  scared about our society, we will shift from this place, and settle at a new and unknown area ok?" Jai tried to convince her.

"No we will not shift anywhere, we havent done anythignthat we have to hide, we will face evrything, we are not cowards and our children are gem." His father roared.

Tara was happy for evrythng that was positive at her place. Soon Mira's dad consulted a lawyer about the divorce, after asking him to prepare papers he went to Mira's in-laws to bring back Mira with him. No matter how much she denied, His father was adamant. He brought her back, nobody could stop him, neither Mira herself nor her in-laws. Evryone welcomed Mira with warmness . She was still surprised and didnt knew what suddenly happened to her father and the whole family.

"Divorce? but why?" she asked shocked when her mother told her.

"you dont have to live with him and bear his tortures anymore!! " His father answered.

"I am happy papa, his parets are very good and i even earn now." She said.

"Do it from here, i have no problem and u dont have to live with his parents but him. He doesnt desrve you, no arguments." His father made his point strongly.

Evrything was getting back on track, life seemed better for evryone. The divorce case was filled in the court and hearings were to take place soon. Akshat and his parents once came and tried to compromise things, but Mira's father did not took any arguments from them, he even didnt allowed Akshat to meet Mira. Months flew by, Jai was promoted in his job and was sent to a foreign ountry for some foreign trip. Before he was going, his mother wanted to get him engaged to a girl of their communnity but his Father didnt let that happen , saying,"What if he marries sum1 there, the girl's life will be spoilt here, she will keep waiitng for him, here."

After Mira's incident, their father have been turned quite friendly towards his children. Although their mother, like any other typical indian mother wanted to see her children settled (married) but their father would asked them to fly and chase their dreams.  He even scolded her when she bought the topic of "Mira's second marriage" saying, "Shut up..! let her live a free live, she is just 26 yrs old, let her first get free of her first marriage, let her wounds heal, dont rush into things."

Eventually Tara's graduation was completed and she got a job in Delhi. Their mother was too scared and she wasnt sending her at all, "She is just a small girl, no, Delhi..! not at all. ITs not safe for girls, somany news occurs evryday, no i cant send. And house will be too vavcant without her, first Jai left nd now Tara? no no."

This time Tara's father too was bit doubtful, he didnt wanted to send her to Delhi after recent bad news of crimes against females in that city. He to use to think of her as a small baby still. But Mira's lectures and Tara's blackmails and other tantrums, finally forced them both to sent her to dill walon ki dilli.

"YEs papa i promise, after gaining some work experience i will shift back here in Jammu, or a nearby place." She said that may be millionth time, the day before she was to leave.

When she was packing her stuff her mother came and kept home-made edible stuff jars around, "Keep them, you will not get them there." she said in heavy voice.

"Oh mumma as if m going to jungle ryt? Maa c'mon, its national capital, what is there which one cant get to eat their? I already have so much luggaeg, i dont wanna take all this please." she said making a face.

Mira came and sat beside her, making a place in her bag, she somehow inserted the jars. "You wont get mumma's kitchen made things, u wont get food dripped i oil from mumma's love there." She said and kissed her forehead. Their mother came in and cried hugging them both.

Next day, with her dad, Tara went off to the city of her dreams, Delhi.