Silent Treatment

I Woke Up The Next Morning And Went Straight To The Bathroom To Brush My Teeth . I Went Downstairs To See My Mom Sitting At The Table . I Walked Past Her Like She Wasn't Even There . "Morning Lex" She Finally Said . InThink he Got The Hint That I Was Ignoring Her Presence . I laughed In Disgust . A Simple Morning Lex ? Like Nothing Happened ? She Watched My Dad Throw Those Hurtful Words In My Direction and She Said Nothing To Defend Me . Neither Her Or My Dad Even Tried To Check On Me To See If I Was Alright . Do They Even Care ? Cause They Really Aren't Acting Like It . I Decided That Id Wait To Eat Breakfast And I Walked Upstairs Getting In The Shower .

After I Got out Of The Shower I Changed Into Purple Skinny Jeans With A Black Tank top And A Skinny Strapped Purple Yellow and Blue Half Shirt . I Took the Flat Iron In My Room Beginning To Straighten My Hair . I Finished Straightening My Hair And I Examined It In The Mirror . I'm Pretty Proud Of How My Hair Turns Out These Day . I Straightened My Bangs And Pinned Them Back . My Hair Goes Down To The Middle Of My Back . It's Pretty Long Considering I'm Only Half Mexican And Half Black . I Walked Out My Room And Za Glanced at Me .

He's Gonna Say Something About Boys , Watch . "Who You Tryna Impress , A Boy?" He Asked Kind Of Concerned . " I Just Might Be ." I Said . I Mean Obviously I Want To Look Nice . But It's Just A Bonus For Diggy To Think I Look Nice . "Oh Really ? Who ?" He Said Basically Breathing Down My Neck . Before You Get The Wrong Impression . it's Just An Expression . "Diggy ." I Said Quickly . His Eyes Widened . "Diggy ? Are You And Diggy .. You Know ." he Said . Dating . Yeah I Know He Means Dating He Just Doesn't Like The Idea Of His Little Sister Dating I Guess . "Maybe ." I Said Quickly As My Dad Walked Out Of The Bedroom . I Rolled My Eyes . Za Caught My Facial Expression Change From Happy To Annoyed In 2.5 Seconds .

"Morning Za , Morning Lex ." He Said Walking Past Us Into The Bathroom . "Lex ?" I Said As I Walked Into Za's Room . Za Shrugged . "Do They Think Everything's Just Strawberries And Whip Cream Now Or .." I Said . "They're Trying To Make It Seem As Nothing Happened , Forgive And Forget As They Would Say ." He Said In a Kiddy Voice . I Chuckled . "Well To Bad I'm Not Forgiving Or Forgetting ." I Said Proudly . "Feel Me ?" Za Said Agreeing With Me We Did Our Little Sibling Handshake We Made Up When I Was 9 And He Was 10 . I Made My Way Out of His Room And Grabbed My Backpack And Got Down The Stairs . I Stopped On The Staircase Listening To My Parents' Conversation . "I Shouldn't Have To Apologize She Should Know I didn't Mean it ." My Dad Said In A Stern Tone . "The Way And Time It Exited Your Mouth Was Unexceptable . " My Mom Said . "Well I Hope You Know He's Ignoring Us Now ." My Mom Said . I Started Coming Down The Rest Of The Stairs And I Went Directly Past Them And Out The Door and Waited For Za In His Car . I Need To Get To School Now . I Never Thought Those Words Would Cross My Mind . But The Sooner I Get Out of Here The Sooner I Escape The Presence Of People Who Seem To Think I'm Worthless .