Chapter 9: Again

Chapter 9:

Chase and I finally reached the mess hall. Chase waved goodbye before he went to his buddy.

The rest of the students were now lining up outside the mess hall.

I spotted Luke talking to Michael. They look like they were arguing.

“Hey Luke!” I said as I ran up to them

Luke turned around to face me then Michael said, “Oh hey, Teddy! You’re here now. I was just accompanying Luke here. Well, gotta go!” With that he was gone in a flash.

I’m not sure but I think Michael was being weird. Oh well, I do not know him that much yet.

I smiled at Luke, “hey, how was introductions?”

“It was great!” Luke said enthusiastically. Too enthusiastic that I thought it was sarcastic.

“So where are we heading now?”

Luke shrugged. “To the real campsite. We’re really going to sleep on the ground.”

“It’s not that bad. And that’s the fun part!” I said, swatting his arm playfully.

“Teddy, let’s hurry up.” He said as he took my arm to hike with the rest of the class.

The teachers, Mr. Rimes and the rest of the students were now hiking up the mini hill. The sun has finally set and the sky has this purplish color with orange streaks.

Luke ran ahead of me.

I ran up to catch up with him.

“Hey! Wait!”

Luke swivelled his head.

“Come on, Teddy. I don’t wanna be late.”

I thought he wasn’t looking forward to sleeping on the ground?

Oh well. He must have adapted to it real fast.

“hey Luke! What’s the rush?”

Luke finally stopped to talk to me. Face to face.

“What now, Teddy?” he snapped.

“Oh nothing. I just want to catch up and to know if you’re doing alright. That’s all.”  I smiled at him, ignoring his snappy attitude.

“Well, I’m fine and you’re fine Teddy. So can we go hike up with the others now?”

I nodded. “I’m sorry.”

“Will you please stop doing that?” with that, he spun around and hiked all by himself.

I didn’t know what to do. What was I doing anyway that got him so mad?  This wasn’t the Luke I had fun earlier with.

What is up with him?

I caught up with him again. “Luke, are you alright? If something’s bothering you, you could tell me, you know.”

I put my hand on his forehead but he swatted it away with his hand.

“Leave me alone, Teddy!” he screamed then ran the other direction.

“Wait, Luke! You’re going the other way!” I tried to run even with my squishy shoes and roots popping out from the ground.

Luke ran to his left, going the other way. I’m pretty sure nobody turned on this part when we were hiking.

I looked to my left and to my right and saw Luke still running.

I cupped my hands and yelled his name.

He didn’t turn back. He kept on running.

So right now, I’m all alone in the woods because my buddy hates me suddenly with no reason. 

I know this chapter sucks but I have to get on with the story. Don’t worry two updates in one week. :)

So vote and comment. Love you all.

Btw, Chase Hawkins will be played by Ross Lynch!! :)