Chapter 30: Problem

Let's pretend that I wasn't gone for two months!

I dedicate this chapter to my amazeballs friend Laura, who supported this story from the beginning when it only has 200 reads! You deserved more than a dedication! I love you and thank you! <3

Chapter 30

I got up and pressed the Play button of Denise's CD player. To Love Somebody by Bee Gees started playing around the room. I bopped my head and sang with the song while I go through my closet for tomorrow's school outfit.

I was in the middle of looking for my gray cardigan when someone burst the door open which surprised me and made me hit my head on the top drawer.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?"

I turned around and closed my closet door and came face to face with a bundled up Roxette. I walked over to Denise's over head bed and turned the song off.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her as I clutch a random piece of clothing. Roxette was wearing a gray beanie and red scarf and she was wearing a black trenchcoat.

Roxette sighed and removed her scarf and beanie. She had hat hair. "Look what I got!" she unbuttoned her coat to reveal that she was wearing a tank top and jean cutoffs with her knee high maroon boots.

Her arms and neck and legs were covered in red spots and that's the only time I realized her face was reddish too.

I walked over to her and cupped her face, "Oh my god! What happened?"

She threw her coat on the floor and sat on my bed to remove her boots, "I didn't know that they put macadamia nuts in my shake!"

In case you didn't know, Roxette is allergic to macadamia nuts.

"Did you go to a doctor?" I asked her as I sat next to her on the foot of my bed.

Roxette nodded, "Yeah, I'm on medication right now. But that's not the point! Prom is in two weeks and look at me!"

Oh yeah prom. After this week, we have finals then after finals, it's prom time.

"You have two weeks to get better and it won't scar!" I assured her, rubbing her back.

"Oh Teddy, it's so itchy!" she buried her face on the crook of my neck and cried.

I threw the clothing in my hand and hugged her tight.

And to think I have a bigger problem.

................................

"Is there anything else I can do? What about extra credit?" I asked or more like pleaded to Mr. De Leon. Our math class just ended and I was talking to him on the hallway.

Mr. De Leon shook his head as he hugged his folders and papers to his chest, "Extra credits are for midterms only Teddy, you'll just have to pass your final test and you'll be okay. Now if you'll excuse me," he explained as he patted my shoulder.

I sighed and trudged to my locker. I put in my combination but it wouldn't budge. I tried it again and it was sealed shut. I pounded my fist on the locker door and nestled my forehead on my locker door.

So far this week is nothing but awful and aggravating. The only good thing that has been happening to me was that my friends in my history remedial classes are getting better; they don't even need my help anymore. On the other hand, I can't seem to grasp the lessons being taught in my math remedial classes. I feel terrible. I feel terrible because aren't you supposed to get better because you have a remedial class? And it's finals oh my god! If I fail this subject I don't know what my mother would do.