Chapter 13: You what?!

Chapter 13: 

Luke’s POV:

“Their burger is really great, Luke. You should try them.” Teddy said, handing me a half-eaten burger from her hands.

I waved my hand off. “No, it’s okay.” I smiled at her.

She shrugged then bit into her burger. I dipped my French fry on the ketchup and ate it.

“You do know that’s not healthy, Luke.” Miss Jones said. She was pointing at the plate of French fries in front of me. I was sitting next to Guido while Miss Jones was sitting next to Teddy.

I shrugged, “but they’re tasty” I replied with my mouth full. Then Teddy giggled.

Then Miss Jones turned her attention to Guido. They were talking about the rare plant that grew in Camp Cherrapunji.

“Hey Teddy, sorry about this, I totally forgot that Miss Jones and Guido was with us” I whispered to Teddy who was still biting her burger.

“It’s okay. At least my stomach’s not empty anymore.” She said. “And besides, I love their food!”

I chuckled.  Teddy is the only one I know who loves hospital food. I know I told her we’re going out to dinner but Miss Jones insisted that we just eat in the hospital canteen, so we can still use the hospital’s wheelchair.

“Kids, you better hurry up. We need to show up there so they know we’re okay.” Miss Jones told us.

“I’ll start up the car.” Guido said, standing up. Miss Jones nodded.

 ...............................................

After exhausting hours, (well, actually maybe just an hour and half) we finally made it back to camp. Miss Jones and the other science teachers agreed that Teddy will just stay in a bunk till tomorrow.

“What are you thinking?”

That was Michael, nudging me in the ribs. We were sitting next to each other in a circle, around a bonfire with our other classmates, science teachers and Mr. Rimes.

“Nothing much. I’m just really tired.”

“Well, that’s scary.” He said before gulping the soda in his hand

“What’s so scary?”

“It’s scary that you’re thinking” he said before guffawing and slapping his knee. I smiled at him, shaking my head.

“So what did you do this afternoon I was gone? Bet you’re really bored, huh?”

“We had a fantastic time. We did all these games like those in Survivor and it was really fun. Roxette’s a really good listener and she said she loves our songs.” Michael said, smiling like an idiot.

Michael also told me that Roxette couldn’t be here in the bonfire because she was accompanying Teddy in her lonely bunk.

I smiled at him, “that’s really great.”

“What about you? What did you do to innocent Teddy?”

“I didn’t do anything. Well, maybe it was my fault why she started running away and tripping…” I trailed off.

I was actually thinking of not telling this to anybody. But of course, the conscience always wins. Besides, Michael is bound to know because he is so tenacious. He’d ask till he knows what really happened.

“You what?!” he blurted out. Then everyone who was enjoying themselves with scary stories, stared and glared at Michael and me.

“Shhhh, everyone can hear.” I whispered to Michael.

“Sorry everyone! You can all go back to ghoulies and ogres now.” Michael announced to the group.

“But yeah, that’s what happened.” I told him after the group we’re enveloped with their stories.

“But why would she run away from you? You don’t have halitosis, do you?” Michael looked at me with concern.

“Halitosis? I don’t have halitosis!!” I exclaimed. Where does Michael gets these kind of ideas?

Michael sighed a sigh of relief. Did he really think I have halitosis?

“Okay, serious time. Why would she run away from you?” he said, composing himself.

“Well…. I may have called her clingy and stuffs like that” I am so embarrassed! If you were Michael, you’d probably think I’m some heartless, malicious person. Well, maybe I’m turning to be that kind of guy.

“But why Luke?”

“I don’t know!”

“You don’t know?” he looked at me in the eye.

I looked down to my feet. I hate it when a person interrogates me then look me in the eye. It’s like I’m some kind of criminal.

“Never mind. You should at least enjoy the rest of the evening since we’re going to leave tomorrow.”

Michael stood up to get another can of soda.

I stared at the fire. I could hear my friends’ laughter echoing. I guess the scary story telling time was over and now they are probably telling funny stuff that happened at school.

I looked up to see just in time Chase laughing with his mates. He was raising his can in the air while he’s other injured hand was just lying on his lap.

Then I remembered why I even snapped at Teddy. She was talking to Chase.

Then I lost it.

Yes! Thank you so much for the 8k!!!! and happy 20th birthday to my baby, Liam Payne!!!!! I love you so much!