Chapter 24: So which one requires less energy?

Luke’s POV

“Okay, boys, Green Light!” Michael yelled then Ashton clicked on his drum sticks.

It started with a picture

Those messages that you sent me

You're like the perfect mixture 

Of Megan Fox and Katy

It's such a sick obsession

And now you've got the best of me

I've got the worst intentions

So call me over, set me free

I can give you what you want

.............

“That was great! We’ll rock it on Friday!!” Calum congratuled us after a round of Green Light, Beside You and Check Yes Juliet.

The gig that was supposed to happen last two weeks was finally going to take place. Ashton called up the mall manager yesterday and we’re up on Friday night.

“Are you pumped?” Calum said as he plopped down on the couch next to me. We were in Ashton and Michael’s dorm room. Ashton and Michael went out of the room to get us sodas.

I nodded, “Of course. Tomorrow, I’ll also be able to take Teddy out to lunch. I’m gonna win those certificates.”  Today is Tuesday and tomorrow Mr. De Leon will announce the winner for the music class project.

“Looks like someone has a crush on a bear.” Michael said smugly as he jumped on his bed with soda cans in his hands.

Ashton threw me a can of rootbeer. “Why don’t you bring her to our Friday gig?” Ashton asked as he popped his soda can open.

“Yeah, it’d be like a date. Like Mikey here and Roxette.” Calum added, nudging me in the ribs.

“Whoa, whoa wait. First of all, I don’t have a crush on a bear or any animal for that matter. And second, she’ll be there without me having to ask her, Roxette will do that and it’s not a date and third, I’m only excited to win the certificates because I’d like to rub it in Roland’s face.” I clarified. I also explained to them about Roland and I’s little feud.

“Okay, whatever you say big guy” Calum joked.

“What? You honestly think I have a crush on her?” I inquired.

Michael shrugged, “We don’t know man. I mean, you two look so cute together.”

“Yeah. It’s time you stop going for the same category.” Ashton added then he chuckled.

I looked at them wearily to which Calum replied, “You know, you’re always going for the same type. Cheerleaders.”

“What’s bad about that?” I honestly don’t think there’s anything wrong with it.

“Nothing’s bad man. But you know, it’s complete opposites. You always fall for a cheerleader. Remember, Karen, Jenny and Louise? Yeah, and Felicity too.” Michael elucidated.

At the mere mention of her name makes me wince in pain. I still haven’t forgotten about her and of course, over her.

“We’re not saying you should go out with Teddy just because she’s far from the cheerleader type.” Michael raised his hands in defense.

“Yeah but we want you to forget about her. We saw you cringe when we mentioned her name.” Ashton pointed out.

I sighed.