Chapter 14: Bus

Chapter 14:

Luke’s POV:

“Good morning!” a voice chirped behind me.

I turned around to see Michael in a gray sweatshirt and a huge smile on his face.

“Why are you so happy?” I growled at him.

“Well, Good morning to you too, Mr. Happy Pants!” he said sarcastically. He is so happy he was practically hopping.

I sighed. “I’m sorry. I just didn’t get to sleep last night.”

“Obviously” he said, pointing at my eyes.

I was about to say something back to Michael when a voice greeted us, “Hey Michael and hello Luke!!” then followed by giggles.

It was Miona. The head cheerleader of our school. She was with her cheerleader friends as they walked past by us.

“Oooh she still has it bad” Michael whispered to me. Michael and I and the rest of the class were headed to the mess hall for breakfast.

“What are you talking about? That was last two years!”

“And there’s still that spark in her eyes” Michael urged.

“Whatever. I’m hungry” I said, opening the double doors that lead to the mess hall.

…………….

“Okay, thank you so much Redwood Preparatory!  I had a wonderful time and let me just say that your class was the best that I handled this year!” Mr. Rimes clapped in front of the podium. He just finished his thank yous and speeches about Camp Cherrapunji.

“I bet he says that to every class he handles” Michael whispered next to me. Breakfast was over but we’re still gathered inside the mess hall. Breakfast was Aloo Paratha, a Camp Cherrapunji tradition, which is made by Paratha, a flat bread, served with vegetable curry, curd and pickles. It was one of a kind. It was also Mr. Rimes' favorite breakfast food.

“Thank you so much Mr. Rimes and Camp Cherrapunji!” Mrs. Jenkins took over the podium and gave us that look that says, say thank you or you will get an F in my subject!

So we all chorused a thank you and waved goodbye to all the people in Camp Cherrapunji.

We all got outside the mess hall, grabbed our backpacks and sleeping bags and all went with our friends. By that, I mean everyone but me. Michael suddenly disappeared and probably magically appeared next to Roxette. Oh well, let the boy fall in love.

We all walked back to the bus singing camp songs and I still haven’t seen Teddy.

As we were about to board the bus, Mr. Rimes and Guido were waving at us.

“I hope you won’t forget your adventures in Camp Cherrapunji!!” Mr. Rimes shouted at us.

Oh this is one school trip that I won’t forget, that’s for sure.

I waved goodbye to them.

I stepped on the bus and looked for a vacant seat or even the last seat I sat going here. I saw Michael and Roxette sharing Michael’s iPod.

“Oh my gosh!! I love this song!” I heard Roxette tell Michael. I shook my head at the lovebirds.

I saw people talking to their seatmates. I wonder how they can act all so energetic when it’s just 8 in the morning.

“Hey Luke!” Miona waved to me. She was sitting next to her best friend, Carrie.

“Hey” I waved to them with my free hand.