Chapter 29: F&O

I STILL HAVENT FOUND MY TEDDY AGGHHHH

Chapter 29:

“Sure honey, but be present tomorrow okay? I can’t keep doing the register myself,” Ronda, my boss in F&O reminded me.

I nodded, “I know, I’m really sorry.” But by the time I said that Ronda was out the store.

It was a Wednesday afternoon and classes were done and now I am at my after school job. This week is the start of the remedial classes. Unfortunately, the lucky stars did not do their job well because I still have a remedial class. And surprise, surprise, it’s Math. Mr. De Leon talked to me earlier and told me that I was improving in his class (thankfully) but it’s still not enough for me to get an A+, so he suggested for me to get a tutor and join his remedial classes.

So I have no choice but to attend remedial classes if I want to get an A. As for the tutor, I don’t need to get one. I mean, I don’t want to. I’m relying on the remedial classes to get me by in class.

My thoughts were interrupted with a chime, meaning a customer went in.

“Welcome to Fresh & Organic, how may I help you?” I greeted as I move away from my seat in front of the cash register.

The customer was an old lady with pink streaks in her hair; she was staring at the racks of Manuka honey.

“Does this come in pill, honey?” she asked as she shoved the bottle right under my nose.

So that’s how I spent my Wednesday afternoon.

………………………………………

“You excited, Teddy?” Miss Alfred put her arm around me. I was standing outside my next class, waiting for the ongoing class to end. Today’s also the first day as a teacher’s apprentice or whatever you want to call me. Right after my last class, I go straight to my designated classroom where I shall teach History with other students.

I smiled uneasily. To be frank, I am scared out of my wits. What if I was not a good teacher and because of me they fail? I was so scared last night, I made a lesson plan. Yes, I actually made a lesson plan.

Miss Alfred probably noticed by silence so she laughed and looked me straight in the eye, “You’ll do fine. Just don’t think this is such a big deal. It’s not really.”

 I nodded then she said she had to go to another class.

I breathed deeply. She’s right. It’s not a big deal. Besides I already know these people. I did breathing exercises before I returned to normal when someone drops their arm on my shoulder. What is with people putting their arms on my shoulder today?

I looked up to see red flannel that belongs to Luke.

Luke.

I was so surprised, wait surprised is an understatement, stunned, yes I was stunned to see Luke with his arm draping on my shoulder that I just stood there with my neck craning upward to see him, smiling down at me.

“Hi Teddy,” he said casually.

After what seems like forever, my brain and my mouth finally caught on. “Hi, what are you doing here?” I know my reply was rude but really, what I meant to ask him is what he is doing.

“I go here too, remember?” he chuckled at his joke. His well toned arm is still around me.

Finally, breaking out of my trance I comically slapped my forehead, “Of course!”