Chapter 25: Friday night

Luke’s POV:

“Yo slacker!!! Get up and help me carry this!” Calum yelled as he patted the amplifier like a pet.

I grunted and got up from my comfortable position in the den couch and walked over to where Calum was standing. He was outside, waving his hand at Ashton who was coming at us. It was Friday afternoon, the big gig happening tonight. Calum and I were in charge for the amplifiers and musical instruments. Ashton is in control for our transportation while Michael is responsible for getting the word out about our gig.

“Next time don’t let Michael choose our tasks.” I panted as I carried the amplifier inside Ashton’s car.

“He’s gonna be here any second, so let’s bring it all inside,” Ashton instructed then helped us carry the second amplifier.

“You excited?” Calum asked as he opened the trunk door of Ashton’s Buick Regal.

“Hell yeah,” I replied. I’ve been waiting for this gig for two weeks now since it was cancelled.

Awesome. Step 1 of my plan is now finished.

……………………..

Teddy’s POV

“Please come with me! It’ll be totally fun!!!” Roxette cajoled. She was standing in front of me with her hands on her hips.

I covered my face with my Perry the Platypus pillow. “If I had any reason to celebrate, I will, Roxette. But I don’t,”

It was a Friday afternoon and Roxette visited (and by that I mean, barged right in) me in my dorm room with a “great” idea and a huge smile on her face.

“You know I love you but this is getting out of hand and you really have to stop worrying about impractical stuff,” Roxette explained. Obviously getting annoyed.

“You don’t understand, Roxette. If my mom finds out about this, she’ll flip.” I answered back. I really don’t want to go to wherever Roxette wants to go because I am too anxious about my grades. I am talking about the C I received in my English essay and losing the music class project. If mom finds out that I’ve been letting my grades slip, she’ll think that I am slacking off and then she’d reconsider the home school thing.

My English essay score came at me like a wrecking ball last Wednesday, same as my music class project score. I guess you could say that I have disappointed myself again.

“I do understand Teddy but what I don’t understand is why you’re punishing yourself. It’s not your fault that your English teacher couldn’t appreciate a masterpiece. Please stop being so hard on yourself, Teddy.” Roxette cried out. She was now sitting at the edge of my bed.

I was about to say something back when Roxette continued, “It’s just one night. Actually just a few hours. And it’s a Friday, for pete’s sake! You can’t go around berating yourself.” She finished. Like I said before, Roxette joined a student council before, so she’s really good with all this.

I sighed, “I am only coming with you because you are going to buy me two bags of mini donuts that I really love.” If I’m going to sulk over my grades then I better do it with mini donuts.

…………………..

“Hurry up, Teddy!!!” Roxette grabbed my hand and dashed inside the mall once her car is parked.

I rolled my eyes at her but obliged. This is the way Roxette would act when inside a mall, as if she is going to be late for a sale.

Roxette ran towards the atrium where there are people huddled in front of a stage. Must be another band Roxette’s gaga for.