Chapter 10: Twist

Chapter 10:

Check out the LUke photo on the sidebar! Found it on tumblr! Credits to whoever made it! :)

I ran a little faster to where Luke had run. And I saw him still running.

“Luke! Please stop!! We’re going the other way!!” I screamed at him, calling his attention.

He stopped abruptly. He walked back to where I stopped. I stopped because I had to catch my breath.

“Why are you still here, Teddy? Will you please stop being so clingy!!” he said with cold hard eyes.

It slapped me hard in the face.

I felt like crying. No, scratch that. I was crying.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for caring about you, my buddy. I’m sorry if I had to chase you so you won’t get lost. I’m sorry for everything” I babbled, everything came pouring out.

Luke just stared at me. He looked a little bit guilty but I can see he was trying to be strong, trying to stand on his ground, stand for what he just did.

I turned back and ran. I don’t care if I’m going the other way. I just need to get away from here. Away from the Luke who gets mad at me for no credible reason.

……………………….

Luke’s POV:

There she goes.

Her hair running wild and her shoes thudding on the ground. She’s crying. And I’m the one to blame.

And I sound like heartless chap.

Maybe I am.

I sighed.

I’m not like this. I’m not supposed to be like this. I don’t like this.

Okay, I’m going to apologize. And make it up to her.

I walked from where we just had this argument. She couldn’t get that far because she would be too busy to think about directions.

I looked from my left to right to see if I could catch her brunette locks.

I turned right, dodging out of the way with all the trees surrounding me when I heard a thud from somewhere and a yelp.

……………………………………………………

I ran from my spot to see where the scream was coming from. I know that scream.

It belonged to Teddy.

I tried to see even if it was so dark out. I know I couldn’t miss her. Not now.

I ran from different directions and finally saw a huge bump on the ground.

Then there was hair and a backpack.

Teddy!!!

I crouched down.

“Teddy, are you alright?” I whispered as I removed hair from her face.

Shit, shit, shit. This is all my fault!

The head looked up and saw Teddy with a scratched up nose. But her face looks alright. Just like the way she looked earlier. Only with her tear-stained eyes and her hair dishevelled. There were also brown patches on her forehead. Dirt.

“What happened to you?” I asked. This just didn’t happen.

“I-I tripped because there was t-this root popping out of the ground..” she stammered. She was obviously frightened.