Chapter 19: Sounds good

Chapter 19:

“Coffee?”

I shook my head, “No thanks. I don’t wanna have gastritis.” Roxette and I were at her favorite tea shop outside of school and the waitress is now waiting for my order.

I stared at the menu board once again and found the only thing I could keep in my stomach. “I’ll have strawberry milkshake please.”

The beautiful waitress smiled and tapped into her computer. It was a Monday and classes were over so Roxette and I dropped by here.

“Wanna come with me later to the movies?” Roxette asked, handing her money to the cashier.

I raised my eyebrow, “What are you going to see?”

“I’m not sure but Michael’s checking it out already.” Roxette replied as she searched something in her bag.

“You’re going with Michael? Then that’s a date!” I cried. Roxette and Michael are really getting so close. And they’re so cute.

Roxette didn’t say anything because she was busy looking for an empty seat.

 “I can’t come. I have lots of errands to take care of.” I answered back.

Roxette frowned, “Are you sure? Michael doesn’t mind if you come along. He likes you.” Then she smiled.

“That’s nice but it would be better if you enjoy each other’s company without me. It is totally okay.” I smiled at her.

Roxette shrugged. “Okay but don’t get mad at me if I spoil the movie for you.” Roxette and I finally found a seat near the window.

“How long are you and Michael are dating?” I asked out of nowhere. Somehow Roxette managed to forget to tell me what has been going on in her love life. And I guess I kinda forgot to ask her about it.

Roxette turned crimson, “It all started in gym class.”

Then Roxette told me the story on how Michael accidentally spiked her face instead of the ball.

“I was kinda stupid to walk in front of them playing but guess what, my stupidity brought me closer to him.” Then she chuckled.

This was the second time I saw Roxette like this. She started blushing and giggling like a little girl. She’s so cute.

“Is that what it felt like?” I asked after she composed herself.

“What is? His spike? Well, it was very painful and I didn’t feel my face for a few minutes.” She said touching the side of her face as if she’s reminiscing about it.

I was about to correct her and tell her that I was asking about what it felt to be in love but I was interrupted as our orders arrived.

“By the way, Teddy, thought of anything new for your music class?”

“Not yet but I’m working on it.” It’s true. Ever since that assignment was given, I listened to my songs in my iPod to see if it can be a remix or a mash up but so far I still have nothing.

“Why don’t you play the piano while Luke plays guitar?” Roxette suggested as she stir her coffee.

I learned piano back when I was six and I still play it today.

“Okay, I’ll drop by music class to use their piano. It’s been months since I’ve touched one.” I smiled at the thought of me playing it again.

“I have to go now, Michael just texted that he’s in the Cineplex already.” Roxette said, reading Michael’s text.

Roxette stood up and hugged me goodbye.