I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter16)

(Chapter16)

Jayeleen's POV

"P-Piper?" I stuttered. My heart started to race, but by the sound of her tone, she seemed happy, so I calmed down.

"Yes! Don't tell me you don't remember me?" she said and I could tell she was frowning. I really wanted to hate her, I mean, she's engaged to Ayden, that man that I love. I couldn't; she was just to sweet and nice. If anyone hated anyone, she should hate me. Her fiancé is cheating on her with me. I couldn't help, but feel extremely guilty.

"Of course I remember you," I said, trying to sound happy, but not quite succeeding.
"Wonderful! I was wondering if you were out of work yet?" she asked, sweetly.

"Yes, I just got out now." I started walking towards my car. A morning without rain, that's a good start…

"That's great. Can you stay awake another hour?" she asked. I bit my lip, I could say no, but that's rude. I sighed deeply and leaned my forehead on the steering wheel.

"Yes I could," I said politely.
"Would you like to get some breakfast with me?" she asked. I didn't hate her, but I didn't really want to be near her. She's so gorgeous and she has Ayden....

"Sure," I said, frowning.
"Great! Let's say.... The Dennys near the hospital?" she suggested. I knew exactly the one she mean.

"Yes, I'll be there in a few minutes," I said.
"Okay, I'll be here," she said and hung up. I groaned lightly and made my way towards the restaurant.

Once I parked, it started raining. I groaned and hurried together inside. The restaurant was a little empty, but I quickly saw the beautiful blonde.

"Jayleen!" she said and waved. I forced a smile. She was on the phone and then she shut it close. I walked towards her and she stood up and hugged me. I was a little shocked, but hugged her back.

"Jayleen! How have you been?" she asked kindly, gesturing with a hand to sit down. I sat across her and smiled at her.

"I've been... alright, just busy with work. How about you?" I asked. I knew she was going to mention something involving the wedding and I could feel my heart ache already.

"Busy with the wedding. We'll talk now, he's here!" she said and looked behind me.

Wait what! He's here?! Who's here?! I asked myself quickly. Feeling my heart start over reacting. I looked behind me and saw Ayden walking through the door.

He looked at us and his eyes went wide when he saw me. I didn't know what to say and I just turned around looking out the window.

This is just freaking amazing! He's here. Why didn't she mention Ayden was going to be here? I wouldn't have came. I could barely stand the thought of them being together and seeing them together right now, was pure torture.

"Ayden! Baby!" Piper exclaimed when he got closer. She stood up and I did the same mimicking her. I gulped. I could feel his eyes on me. Right when I looked at him, his green eyes were shocked. Maybe he didn't know I was going to be here....

"Hey," he said and leaned in and gave Piper a kiss on the cheek. I gulped and clenched my hands in my back. Piper smiled, giving him a look filled with love. She loves him.. I could ruin it.

Then Ayden turned to look at me.

"J-Jayleen, nice to see you again," he said and kissed my cheek. I felt my stomach sink as his lips touched my skin.

"Nice seeing you here...Ayden," I said. Piper just smiled, oblivious, and sat down. We sat down in full silence. I just wanted to go home. I don't want to be here, I feel like I'm going to be sick.

"Hi, can I get you anything?" The waitress asked.

"Can I get a coffee?" Piper asked.

"Me too, please." Ayden and I said at the same time, same tone. I didn't look at him. Piper just chuckled and I could feel  Ayden's deep stare.

"Like I was saying Jayleen, I'm just busy with the wedding. Ayden is going to help me choose what cake we're going to get today," she gushed and kissed his cheek. He forced a smile and nodded slightly.

"That's nice," I said.

My phone beeped and it was a text.

Kendall: You still awake Jaylie?.....

I suddenly thought about something. I bit my lip.

"I need to use the restroom, be back in a sec," I said quickly and left towards the restroom.

I dialed Kendall.

"Hey Jaylie," he said, he sounded a little upset.
"Kendall! I know we need to talk, but can you please help me right now?" I pleaded.

"Of course Jaylie, what's wrong?" he asked right away. I smiled.

"Well, Piper... Ayden's fiancé called me today asking me to have breakfast with her. I accepted and when I got here, she was alone and then Ayden comes! I don't know what to do, I really want to leave!"

"Wow.. damn Jaylie. I think I should go there... and pretend to be your boyfriend?" he asked. I bit my lip and ran my hand through my hair. That will give Piper less reason to suspect anything between Ayden and I.

"Okay..... I'm at Dennys, the one near the hospital," I said.
"Be there in ten," he said and hung up.

I took a big breathe and walked back to the table. I could see Piper chatting happily and Ayden would just nod. I sat back down.

"So Jayleen, what color do you like the more, lavender or light green?" she asked curious. I bit my lip.

"I like lavender, I've always have since I was a kid," I said and she smiled sweetly. She chatted more and Ayden would just look at me and I could feel my face heat up. Then I heard the restaurant door open. I sighed in relief.

"I invited someone, hope that's alright," I said.
"That's fine!" Piper said. I stood up and went to meet Kendall at the door.

"Jaylie," he said and took me into a strong hug. I hugged him back tightly. I felt better now that he was here.

"Thanks for coming Kendall," I said and kissed his cheek. He took me by surprise and gave me a peck on the lips. I blushed and he held my hand and walked towards the table.

His lips were soft, and warm....

I turned and saw Ayden glare at Kendall to the highest. He's jealous.. I bit my lip to hide it and turned to Piper who was smiling curiously.

"Piper, this is my... boyfriend Kendall," I said.

"Nice to meet you Kendall," she said and shook his hand. He smiled politely back at her.

"Same here," he said kindly as always and turned to Ayden, less kind.

"Ayden," he huffed.
"KenDall," Ayden huffed. Ayden turned to glare at me and I looked away not wanting to catch his glare. Piper was totally oblivious of them glaring at each other.

"You two make a lovely couple," Piper said grinning at us. I couldn't help but blush and I saw Ayden's jaw tighten.

"Thank you, I know we do," Kendall joked mad kissed the side of my head. I know I shouldn't be smiling, but seeing Ayden jealous, I cracked a smile.

"Ayden honey? You alright?" Piper asked him, looking at him with full of love and concern. I felt my temperature go down, she loved him. I can't ruin this!

"I'm alright baby," he said and I felt like my heart got spiked. I leaned my forehead on Ken's shoulder. I felt him put an arm around my shoulder and press me closer to him. He was such a big comfort to me right now. Devin is always there for me, but he was Ayden's brother. They looked a like so that always made it harder for me to be near him when I was sad about Ayden.

"Alright," Piper replied and put her hand over his. I made eye contact with him. His eyes were filled with hurt and anger. Maybe bringing Kendall here and having him pose as my boyfriend had been a big mistake. He also needs to comprehend how I'm feeling, seeing him with his gorgeous fiancé in front of me. I sighed and pulled away from Kendall.

"So, Jayleen I also wanted to give you something," she said and started digging through her bag. I saw her take out an envelope. I could feel the blood from my face draining. I turned to Ayden, but he wasn't looking at me. He was looking at Piper like if she lost her mind.

But she was looking at me when an enormous smile.

"Here's an invitation to our wedding," she said and handed it over to me. I forced a smile, but this time I swear I felt my insides die.

I opened it and saw a picture of them two gazing in each other's eyes; madly in love. He was looking at her, if she was the best thing that's ever happened to him. She was looking at him the exact same way.

Kendall was holding my hand tightly, and I felt myself calm down before I had an outburst.

"It's lovely," I chocked out and Piper smiled highly.
"Thank you hun. Silly Ayden didn't give you an invitation last time I told him to," she said and frowned at him playfully. He gave her a shrug and gave her a fake smile.

I was still gazing at the picture of them looking incredibly in love…

"That was before the accident…" Piper said and smiled sadly at me. I gave her a sympathic look.

"Wanna go?" Ken asked me. I nodded.

"Piper, it was great finally meeting you," Kendall said and shook her hand and then gave me a quick peck, "but I need to spend some time with my girl," he said, smiling sweetly at me. I bit my lip again and in the corner of my eyes I looked at Ayden who turned red and clenched his fist, throwing daggers at us.

"Bye Piper… Ayden.." I said his named forcefully. He just gave me cold look and then turned to glare at Kendall. Kendall grabbed my hand and took me outside with him.

"Jesus Kendall!" I exclaimed once we were out and I glared at him.
"What?" he asked innocently.

"I said you could act as my boyfriend, not to get Ayden jealous every freaking second," I growled annoyed. He just laughed and looked over me. I turned and saw yAden glaring at us through the mirror. I gulped and turned back to Kendall, who slammed his lips back to mine. Feeling his lips on my was pleasant, it wasn't good or bad. I'm sure if I hand't met Ayden, I would have probably been falling in love with Ken by now.

"Kendall," I exclaimed and he just laughed his ass off again.
"I'll call you later…. Honeybee," he said and grinned. I smacked his arm, walking towards my car. I had a terrible feeling in my chest now, I did want to get Ayden a bit jealous, but not the this extent. Looking like he wanted to kill Kendall.

I drove to my house, thinking of how Piper and Ayden looked together. My eyes started to burn. I'm so pathetic.

I crawled up to my apartment and slammed the door. I undressed and just put a shirt and went to lay under my covers, trying very hard not tu burtst out crying. I couldn't sleep.

As I just started at the ceiling, there was a loud knock on my door. My heart started racing, knowing who was out the door furious.

He knocked again and I slowly opened it. I stood in front of a very angry Ayden.

*

Sorry for late update and errors as usual :3