I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter29)

Jayleen's POV

I woke up hearing a voice. His voice. He seemed to be arguing.

I was already worried about my baby and wanted to see him right away.

I winced as I got down the bed and went towards the door. I opened and his voice got stronger. I could see his back from here.

"That's bullshit, Devin. You should have told me! I'm your brother, for god's sake.... No... No... Don't pull that shit, Devin. I'm going to go see my son now..... Whatever, bye."

After a few seconds, I guess he felt my stare because he turned around to look at me. He had a different change of clothes which made him look hot as hell but I looked away.

He came back up the stairs and went towards his bedroom. He turned to me before he went inside.

"We'll go see the baby after you're ready" he said. I sighed and walked into my room again. Even though I know he has all the right to be angry with me; I still hated it. I wanted to hug him so much. I had the urge to go in there and just wrap my arms around him but I couldn't.

As I got ready, I remembered that my dad doesn't actually know about the baby. I don't know where I left my phone so I went downstairs, cringing in pain at each step. I grabbed the phone and dialed his number.

"Hello?" He answered at the third ring. I suddenly got emotional and tears welled in my eyes.

"Hi dad" I said and wiped my tears.

"Jayleen? What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

My tears started flowing and my dad kept demanding what was wrong.

I took a couple of deep breaths so I could speak. "I-I had a c-section yesterday. I fell and my water broke" I cried into the phone and I could hear my dad gasp.

"How's the baby? Where are you? Why aren't you in the hospital?!" He demanded.

"I'm at home right now. I didn't want to stay at the hospital because they didn't let me see him. The baby is doing alright. I'm sure I can bring him home in a week or two" I said.

"I'll go pick you up" he said and I suddenly got anxious.

"Dad, only the parents are allowed to see the baby since he's so delicate" I explained. I wasn't sure that was true but I was scared of his meeting with Ayden. I know Ayden wouldn't let me go alone.

"Well the father isn't present so I can go with you" he demanded and I swallowed.

"Dad.... The father is present" I whispered and my dad went quiet.

"Ayden, the father, is there with you now?" He asked slowly. I gulped and said yes.

"How did he find out?"

"I actually don't even know. He just showed up in my room..."

"Well, I'd like to talk to him. Can I go over?" That suddenly got very nervous again. It was like I was presenting a boyfriend to a parent. We're not together anymore, but we have a baby together. He probably hates me if anything.

"Dad, we're actually going to go see the baby in a few minutes. How about later, tomorrow?" Never.

"Alright, how's the baby?" He asked instead and I could tell he was worried. I went on telling him what was going on and what was going to happen. During that Ayden came down and sat next to me, listening.

When I hung up, I turned to Ayden and he was already looking at me. I felt my heart drop and I stood up slowly.

"I borrowed your car. I know you wouldn't have mind" he explained and I nodded at him. I went into the kitchen and took more pain medicine. He looked at me with a disapproving look but didn't say anything. I grabbed my purse and off we went.