I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter20)

Jayleen's POV

I have been driving for 15 hours. I am exhausted and I really want to sleep. Since I'm use to sleep during the day, it gets a lot harder. I stopped by a gasoline station and just bought a coffee and an energy drink to keep me up. I have 7 seven hours to go, then I can sleep.

I started driving again and my phone begins to ring. I saw it was Devin. Maybe he wants to know how I'm doing.

"Hey," I said and put it on speaker and continue driving.

"Hey Jay, how's everything going?" he asked, I could tell something was wrong by the tone of his voice. Is he still upset because I left?

"Everything's going good so far. What's wrong?" I asked right away.

"Ummm, it's Ayden. He's going a little crazy right now," he said, I could tell by his voice that he was very upset. But just hearing about Ayden just made me upset. I could just drive back and go to his house. I miss him already.

"What's wrong with him?! Is he okay?" I asked, frantically.

"He's not okay, Jay. He's going crazy because you're gone. He knows you're not here anymore," he said.

"He knows? I only left last night!"

"Yes, I know. He came into my office, demanding where you are. He was really upset, Jayleen," he whispered.

"Devin, I am really sorry I'm hurting your brother, but it's for the best. He's getting married," I murmured mostly to myself.

"I know that, Jayleen. I told him he needs to move on, but he just won't do it. He wants your number too," he said. I sighed. I could just call him now just to hear his voice. I would probably just drive back to him.

"If he asks about me, tell him I said sorry... And to stop trying," I mumbled, not really wanting to say that. I do not want him to forget about me.

"Alright, be careful Jay."

"I will, bye Devin. I'll call when I get there," I said.

"Good, bye Jay."

"Bye."

I just kept driving. I wonder how he figured out I was gone so quickly. Maybe he went to see me... He did. I'm sure he did.  That means he still wanted to be with me. I let out a big sigh. Remembering how I would lay with him, his arms around me, I felt sick. I wanted to go back.

I kept driving, there was traffic and I was annoying. I was exhausted and wanted to get to the house and sleep! I drank a lot of caffeine, trying to wake myself up. I had big bags under my eyes. I changed into some slim sweats and a loose vneck. My hair was in a messy bun and I had my glasses on. So attractive..

I was nervous as I drove around these familiar streets. I'm surprised I remember them so well. I don't want to be here... I'm going to get homesick real quick.

I got to the house. I parked on the curb and slowly walked out. The house was the same. I got a pain in my chest remembering the times I was happy here. With my parents and Jayden. Kyler.

I would sneak him in my room. I stopped thinking about him, because I'll end up even more sad and a part of me always misses him.

I grabbed my duffle bag and went up to the door. I knocked and took a step back. A few minutes past and the door opened revealing my father. He looks the same besides the few extra wrinkles. His eyes didn't have such a hard look right now.

"Hi dad!" I said, happily. I couldn't deny that I've missed him very much. I dropped my bag and hugged him. I felt him hesitate, but then he hugged me back lightly. I grinned and stepped back.