I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter13)

:)

*

(Chapter13)

Jayleen's POV

"Miss?" I jerked my head to the sound of a voice. A teenager about 17 was talking to me. I was confused because he seemed worried.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"You look like your about to faint. Do you want me to call you an ambulance?" he asked and I sighed. I'm at central park just walking trying to have a peace full time. Trying to get my mind clear.

"No thank you, I'm just sick," I said and he didn't seem convinced.

"So you won't have to worry that I'll pass out, I'll go straight home now," I said and he nodded a little.

"Thanks for caring," I said and left towards my car. Nice boy..

I went into my car and started driving to my house.

It has been two weeks since the night I went to dinner with Ayden. I missed him so much. I've got calls from him numerous of times and I had to let it ring. Just imaging hearing his voice is just painful. He is with someone else. He will never be mine.

I've been like a zombie. I barely talk. I only concentrate on my work. I lost so much weight. I don't get hungry. I barely communicate anymore. Ken calls me, I answer, but just don't talk much. He usually lectures me about how my depression is bad for me. Then comes Devin. He practically comes over my house and opens my mouth for me to talk. I don't like seeing him much. He's Ayden's brother! They look so alike!

Then comes my brother Jayden. He calls me and I try my hardest to sound like my old self. Which surprisingly does work. But it gets me exhausted.

I get to my house and see Kendall waiting outside the door and I sighed. I really want to be alone. I hate being with anyone.

"Hey," I said when I reached him. He frowned. I unlocked my door and walked in. I removed my coat and threw my keys to the couch. My house is as clean as it ever was. I do anything that could get me distracted. Anything that doesn't have to do with Ayden.

I went straight to my room not wanting to hear Kendall's usual lecture about my depression. I know he cares about me, but I really don't want to hear how poorly I'm doing. I know how horrid I must look and act. I can't help and hopefully it will a go away soon.

I changed into comfortable clothes and went under my covers. It was seconds later that I felt Kendall sit besides me. I turned and he was laying on his belly too.

"I saw Devin today," he said and that got my attention.
"You talk to him?" I asked actually speaking. I don't talk much anymore. My voice sounds so dull.

"Jay, I've been talking to him since your depression, your lost hunger, your lost of sleep, your lost of talki-," I cut him off.

"I get it," I snapped, "get to the point!" He rolled his eyes.

"Well, we've actually become friends," he said. Nice that they're friends.. So they could gossip about my depression.

"I went to his office today.... Saw... Ayden...," he whispered ad I felt my heart just beating faster. He's probably all happy with Piper! A month in a half till his marriage.

After the first week of ignoring his calls, he stopped calling. It hurt that he stopped carrying about me, but it was for the best that I forget him.

"I don't want to know about him, Kendall. I'm trying to start a new life!" I exclaimed and he didn't seem surprised about my outburst. I sat up and out my head to my knees.

Then there was a knock on the door. I groaned knowing who it will be. I got off my bed with Kendall behind me and walked to the door and opened it. Devin was there.

I couldn't stay annoyed with seeing his worried face. I signed and gave him a tight hug. He hugged me back. It's been a week since the last time I cried for Ayden. I tried very hard not to cry seeing Devin who looks so much like Ayden. Its Monday, a beginning of the third week with out seeing him. So long....

"How're you, Jay Jay?" he asked.
"I'm doing okay," I said and pulled back. He shook hands with Kendall and they both turned to me. I groaned.

"I don't want any lectures! I'm going to try to sleep for my early shirt today I have at 10! So I'm going to sleep," I said.

"That's the most you said in the past two weeks," they said. I frowned and sat in the couch instead.

"Jaylie, you need to start eating! I mean you lost like 10 pounds! Not healthy," Kendall said. I frowned. That's nothing new. They've told me all this before.

"Jayleen, you need a girls night out with Vivian," Devin said. That's a new one.

"Definitely not, Devin. I'm trying to get over a guy, I can't stand thinking about a new relationship right now," I snapped. They signed.

"Guys, I know you want the best for me. Thanks, but I still need some time alone and to forget before I start going out. It's going to take time," I said and they nodded.

A few minutes later they left. I went to sleep surprisingly very quick. I was awaken by my phone ringing. It's probably Devin. I grabbed my phone and immediately dropped it. Ayden. That's the first time in a week since he's called me.

Should I answer...? No! Absolutely not! But... His voice is in the line... No! That doesn't matter! My mission here is to get over him. The phone stopped ringing and my heart stopped a little. I think I had bradycardia for a second..

I looked at the clock. An hour till my shift! I took a 5 minute shower and dressed into my scrubs. I got everything I needed and left my apartment. I drove, letting it take my full concentration. I got to the hospital and parked. I walking in and I was early. I got to my desk and pinned in.

Then work started. I thanked ER for being so busy. I drank coffee trying to stay awake.

*

It was 8am now and I was getting ready to leave. But Dr. Davis stopped me.

"Jayleen, a moment in my office please," he said and left: I wasn't nervous because he didn't look mad. I grabbed my things and went to his office. I knocked.

"Come in."

I walked and he signaled me to sit down. I sat.

"Jayleen, firstly, you're not in any trouble. You're an amazing nurse. Always doing your job. But I've been noticing, you look very pale. You have bags under your eyes and you don't have that happy smile anymore. What's going on?" he asked and I frowned.

"I'm very sorry, Dr. Davis, it's just that I've been having some personal problems, but hopefully they'll go away soon," I said. I need to start trying harder to seem more normal. I can't have people seeing how bad I really am.

"Jayleen, you haven't taken any vacation for the past year and half, why won't you take some time off?" he asked and I frowned. Not doing anything and being stuck in my house won't do any progress. But I do want a day of just sleeping and resting.

"I really don't need it, Doctor, but I'd like to take a day off," I said and he nodded. I only have Saturday off like my usual weekend, but I still go to work even though it isn't mandatory. I haven't had a day off in 2 weeks.

"You can have tomorrow off," he said and started typing something in the computer. I gave him a smile and left.

I got into my apartment and I sighed in exhaustion. I dropped everything and got into my bed. Not long before I went to sleep. I didn't know I was so tired..

*

I groaned when I got a call. I was still exhausted. I looked at  the ID real quick, making sure it wasn't Ayden, it was Vivian.

"Hello?" I answered, my voice raspy.
"Jayleen! Did I wake you?" she asked, concerned.
"Uhh.. yes," I said and yawned closing my eyes.
"I just wanted to see how you are, but i'll call you later?"
"Yeah, see ya," I said and hung up and snuggled back into my bed and drifted to sleep.

I woke up very late. 7! I've never slept that much before. The thing is that I'm still tired. I didn't leave my bed, I stayed in my bed and watched movies. Devin called, Kendall, and Vivian did too. They wanted to come and give me company, but I wasn't in the mood of having anyone over and especially having a conversation.

I made myself eat because I wasn't hungry at all. I laid on my bed my thoughts drifting to Ayden.

Why would he want to talk to me? I'm obvious just a friend. And then the first week I started ignoring him, he came to my house. I didn't open the door. He was out there for 15 minutes and then he looked mad and stormed away. I yearned to go after him and bring him to me, but that would have just been a huge mistake. This was all a mistake. I should have never fallen in love with him! But the first time he opened his beautiful green eyes and locked with mine, I knew I was hooked.

I shut off my TV.

I can't stand this. I need to get out of here. I grabbed my things and dressed in warm and left to Central park where I can walk around.

Ayden's POV

"Ayden, what's wrong?" Piper asked.
"Nothing's wrong. I haven't been feeling well," I said.

Of course I haven't been feeling well. I haven't seen Jayleen for almost 3 weeks and it was killing me alive. She ignores me! Why would she ignore me? She wouldn't open the door for me and wouldn't answer my calls. It's absurd.

I know Devin talks to her. I could hear him on the phone and he said "how're you feeling, Jay?" Ugh, that just pisses me off. Oh yeah, she goes out to dinner with me and then she plains ignores me. What's her problem! I didn't do anything to her.

"Ayden!"

I turned and saw Piper looking frustrated.  I internally groaned. This is getting ridiculous. Why can't I just have the life I use to have before the accident! Me, thinking I was insanely in love with Piper, next, I open my eyes look into a pair of beautiful brown eyes and I'm hooked. Why did it have to be that way? Why couldn't it just reverse back?

"Ayden!"

I turned and Piper was mad. I need to make things better. I need to feel the love I thought I had for her again! Even thought a part of me knows it's completely pointless, I still need to try.

I sighed and leaned over and just hugged him. Nothing. When I last hugged Jayleen, I never wanted to let her go, but with Piper, I wanted her to go.

Then I started kissing her. I wish I could imagine a life with Jayleen. I feel nothing right now.

I pushed her away and gave her a fake grin. I need to play my role.

"I'm sorry I've been stupid, babe," I said and she gave me a smile, a smile of forgiveness.

"I love you, Ayden. Ever since I met you at that party," she whispered. I hate lying, but I had to do it now.

"...I love you too..," I whispered. I feel like the biggest dumbass in history. The words I just told her feel so fake coming out of my mouth and even more now that she believes them. I could see it on her face. I love Piper. I love Piper. I love Ja-, no! I LOVE PIPER! I yelled to myself. I would not love Jayleen. It's impossible anyways...

*

I woke up and saw that Piper left. That's a relief as always. I got ready and went to the office. I started walking and then I stood still when I saw Kendall with a visitor's pass. What is he doing here?! He put it on and then Devin comes out the elevator. What the fuck...

They shake hands and start talking about something, both seeming mad, annoyed, sad. I frowned. Then they left up the elevator. What's going on?! I thought he didn't like Kendall..

I went up to my office. It's ridiculous how Manu secretaries are trying to hook up with me. That's why I chose my secretary to be middle aged.

"Morning, Mr. Castro," Melinda, my secretary said.
"Morning. Would you tell me what meetings there are today?" I asked.

"Of course."

*

I left my house, purposely, at 11 P.M. I knew Piper might have stopped at the condo, I don't want to see her. I drove around the city and just started waking around Time Square alone. I passed by happy couples. That just pissed my off and I left. I'm trying to relax by walking around, but it doesn't work.

I got to my car and went to my house hoping Piper wasn't there. I parked and opened the door. Piper's here because her Porsche was parked in front. I walked in and she was there with a smile. I smiled back; forcing myself. 

I put my briefcase on the couch and loosened my tie as always. I threw the keys as always and gave her a kiss.

"I'm really tired, I'm going to bed, you coming?" I said and began walking towards my room.

"Yes," she said and followed me. I got into a quick shower and then when I came out, I forced myself to have sex with Piper. I need to love her.

*

"Hey A!"

I'm at my office right now and focused on my work. My work has been flawless, I'm not going to brag. I try to concentrate  or else I'd be thinking about why Jayleen is acting this way. Devin does not want to say anything to me.

"Hey," I said and began to type again. I don't feel like talking to him. He won't give me any answers. I use to constantly ask him what's wrong with Jayleen when she first began to ignore me. He wouldn't answer crap.

"You look exhausted, you should go," Devin said. I sighed. I am pretty tired and if I leave, I won't have much to do. Ugh, why does everything have to be so complicated?!

"I think I'll determine if I stay or not," I said, monotone. He groaned.

"What's wrong with you?" he demanded and I sighed. Might as well try to get some answers.

"What's wrong with Jayleen?" I asked and looked up and looked at him with hard eyes.

"She's fine! Nothing's wrong with her. Uh.. Her brother from California is sick and she hadn't been good. Remember? She has family problems!" he exclaimed and I sighed. I know he's lying. Maybe Jayleen told him not to tell anyone what her problem is. But, it seemed like we were getting along when we went to dinner, she could trust me.

"Whatever, just go and lie to someone else," I snapped and began on my work. For a second, I could see an amused look on his face and when I turned to look at him fully, he seemed pissed. What the fuck? He left and I leaned back on my chair. I know he's hiding something.

I got out of work extra late today. It was midnight when when I got to my house. I knew Piper was going to be home, I didn't feel like talking to her as usual, but I had to face it. I got to my condo and she wasn't there. What a relief.

I remember when I tried to call her a couple of days ago and it went to voice mail. Why couldn't she just answer me?! Why the hell am I getting so frustrated that I feel like just going to her house and slamming her door down? I'm becoming like one of those cheesy guys! Ugh.

I went to sleep.

Jayleen's POV

"Kendall, seriously, I got the day off to sleep because I haven't been sleeping well, you know that! And I don't have energy!" I said. Kendall's been trying to get me out of the house, but I'm just to exhausted. I feel weak. I remember how happy I use to be to go out with Kendall and Devin. I'm pathetic! Why can't I just stop complaining about how horrid my life is and just accept that it's just going to stay like that? Well, I can't. I'm pathetic!

"Fine! Call you later," he said and I frowned. I upset him again.

"Kendall," I said, "I told you this before and I'm sorry that I'm  always in a bitter mood, but I can't help myself. Going out isn't appealing to me. I just need to... time. I want to be alone. You and Devin are my best friends and I really do appreciate you guys being there for me, but I need to be... alone.."

He stayed silent for a couple of seconds. "I understand."

"Don't be mad please. I know you want to cheer me up and I'll do the same if I was in your place, but maybe later on we could out to see a movie or something, just when I'm feeling better," I said.

"That sounds fair.. I guess I'll let you rest now," he said and I could tell he was frowning, I'm feeling extremely guilty right now.

"I really am sorry. Don't be worried about me, Ken," I said.
"Fine… bye."
"See ya," I said and hung up.
I did what I wanted to do. I slept. It's 3 am now and I'm not tired. Being at him is just ruining everything because I think too much. I decided I wanted to go to central park. I know it's sprinkling. I have pepper spray in my bag and there's always lights on. Why not? Better than being stuck here.

I grabbed my umbrella and went to my car. I drove to central park and just started walking around at my own pace. I sighed and then turned to my side because I saw a movement. I froze in place then started to back up slowly. I can't let him see me.

Oh GOD! Just seeing him from the side makes me light headed. What in the world is he doing here at 3 am?! I began walking again and then I heard footsteps behind me. Oh, no. Please, no. I can't bare looking at him.

[Note: I was gunna stop here, but because I suck at updating, I decided to write a lil more! :)]

Ayden's POV

Piper came to my house 2am. I thought I could have a night without pretending everything going's fine, but I guess I'm wrong again. Right when she fell asleep, I got up and left. I wasn't even tired. I was wide awake.

I started just driving around where I live and then I got bored. I decided to go to central park because it's been such a long wince I've been there. That's where I use to jog.

I drove to central park and just started walking around. I saw someone with an umbrella. It looks like a girl. Why would a girl be doing here so late? They could get kidnapped. Maybe she's lost. I should help her.

I walked closer and then girl turned around slight and began to back up and walk fast. My heart halt to a stop when I recognized who it was. I stayed in place and look straight. What is SHE doing here so late?! Doesn't she know she could get hurt?! I turned and saw her walking faster, practically running. Oh, she isn't going to get away from me.

I started walking after her and then she started running. She turned real quick and looked at me. I swallowed hard trying to yell at her. Why is she IGNORING ME?! I ran after her and she got into her car. That's not going to stop me.

I sprinted to my car, almost tripping because of the rain. It's started pouring now. I got into my car and I couldn't see her car. I didn't car. As I started driving, I almost caught up to her. Subconsciously, I felt like a stalker, but I really need to talk to her.

She got to her house and when she got out, she sprinted to her apartment.

"Jayleen!" I yelled and sprinted after her. She got to her apartment and went inside and I cursed to myself. I got to her door and knocked.

"Please leave," a whisper from the other side of the door said. It hurt seeing that she didn't want to see me, but I needed my answer on why she didn't want to see me.

"Open the door. After you talk to me, I'll… leave you alone," I said. A few seconds passed and I knocked again then she opened the door. I looked down at her. Her brown eyes were still as beautiful, her elegant face.

"Ayden," she whispered. I walked into her house and she closed the door behind her. I turned to her.

"Tell me why," I demanded. Jayleen just stood there looking nervous. I looked at her more clearly. She was still so God damn gorgeous. She looked up at me with her brown eyes which looked so delicate.

"I know your not having "family problems" why are you ignoring me? Just me? Why not Devin or KenDALL?" I demanded and she gulped.

"Just tell me, and then… I'll leave," I whispered and got closer to her. I needed to feel her close to me.

I went closer to her and she was looking up to me now. I guess we forgot everything because right away when I touched her face, my arms went her waist and her arms encircled my neck and then I kissed her.

* * * * * *

Hey guys!

Sorry for updating lateeee! :( I tried to make it longer 'cause of that!

I hope you like it! :)

Comment, Fan, Fave, & VOTE! :D! Thanksssss!