I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter27)

Jayleen's POV

"My back is killing me" I told Jesse during our lunch break. I am almost eight months pregnant and I can't wait till I give birth to my beautiful son. Also because I wanted to get rid of the craving and aching. 

"I'm sure Lily will let you go so since it's a smooth day today, Jay. And she loves you more than me already" he teased and I laughed. She's the head nurse. I know she would let me out early, but I still had my duties. 

I stayed at work and I was extremely glad once I got home. I just wanted to lay in bed and rest. Take a long bubble bath. I am in need of a serious back massage. Maybe I should go tomorrow since it's my day off. 

Once I got home, I ate again. I am always hungry! I exercise frequently, that's what keeps me slim. I'm surprised I haven't changed much because everywhere I go I muse have food. I have the worse cravings too. I make Kyler and Jesse bring me food all the time. 

Kyler. He is always trying to be there for me. I know he wants to be a father to my baby. I couldn't do that to him. I can't love him again. Once when he came over to give me some company, I looked at him for a long time. I remembered starring at him all the time; thinking about how our future was going to be. Instead of carrying Ayden's baby, it was Kyler's. I couldn't imagine that anymore. If anything I use to see my future only with Ayden.  Now I see my future as a loving single momma. 

I got a warm feeling in chest imagining my baby calling me momma for the first time. 

I got up to my room and ran myself a bath. I played Queen in the background while I relaxed. I dressed myself in loose sweats and Ayden's old t-shirt. As strange as it sounds, wearing Ayden's shirt always makes me feel better. Especially with an aching back. I use to read that husbands give their pregnant wife's a back massage. As I got ready for bed, I started to daydream about Ayden giving me a back massage. Kissing my belly, listening, telling me the baby kicked. I dried my hair and laid down. As I was watching TV, I got hungry again. I groaned and got out of bed. 

As I walked down stairs, I was still in deep thought about my fake life with Ayden. I shrieked when the phone started ringing. I lost my balance and fell over. I didn't have time to hold onto the railing and started falling.

"OH GOD!" I cursed as pain ran all over me as I fell down the stairs. I tried to protect my belly and failed. I started to panic.

"My baby! My baby!" I panicked as I felt pain string right around my uterus. 

I tried to stand up but I couldn't, the pain wouldn't let me! Oh god, is my baby okay?! I tried to get up again and failed. I started to crawl my way to the phone. What if something happens to my baby?! I couldn't think straight since I hit my head on the railing. I cried and kept trying to crawl towards the phone.

The pain started to get worse and worse. I realized that my water broke. Oh no! I'm not even nine months pregnant! I couldn't strop crying. After the longest minutes of my life, I finally reached the phone and dialed. 

"911, what is your emergency?" The operator answered. 

"I-I... N-ne-ed" I couldn't get the words out. I couldn't contain my breathing. All I could think was about my baby.