I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter8)

Hey :3

*

(Chapter8)

Jayleen's POV

I thought working at the ER was going to be more distracting. But it wasn't today. When my shift was over, I was relieved. Being in the hospital where I've took care of a guy for 2 months and falling in love with him and he's not even with me; was unbearable.

I've gotten calls from Devin a lot and I just couldn't answer him. His voice will immediately remind me of Ayden and Ayden is the least thing I want to think about. Everything I think is about Ayden. I'm always wondering what he could be doing. Does he ever think about me? Does he miss me? Even a little?

I drive to my house concentrating so I could at least be distracted for a couple of minutes. I lock my car and ran upstairs so I won't get socked wet. Sadly, my shoes got wet. I lock my house door and immediately go dress in my warm pj's. I put dark blue flannel pjs and I long sleeve v-neck shirt. I blow dry my hair.

I tried to go to sleep and I absolutely failed. Every time I close my eyes, I imagine myself looking into Ayden's exquisite green emerald eyes. God, what I would do to be with him now.....

I launched off my bed upset and went to my living room. I sat on my couch and started to feel an empty feeling in my chest. I missed him so much. I missed our silly arguments. How he would smile at me every time I go see him. The feeling of his strong arms embracing me. His gleaming smile. The way his nose is slightly crooked made him look even more handsome. The way I felt when he made me blush.

Thinking about him started to bring tears in my eyes. I thought I did enough crying yesterday. I only cried that much when my Mom died. And now I'm crying because I'm never going to see the man I love again and he isn't dead. Imagining Ayden dead was excruciating. I seriously think I wouldn't be able to handle all the pain I would feel of he was gone.

It's barely 9 and I still can't sleep. I feel exhausted and I still can't sleep. I go to my room and crawl under my covers. It took me an hour of thinking about Ayden, until I finally drifted to sleep.

I didn't sleep much. I woke up 5 hours later and I was still tired. I stayed in bed most of the day without doing anything. Painfully, I imagined my life with Ayden. How he would show our kids to play baseball. To hear them say 'mama' with Ayden by my side. Thinking how it would be if we made love. It would be magical. But it will be something that will never happen.

Reluctantly, I went off my bed and to my kitchen. Even though I was hardly hungry, I had to eat something before I got sick. I made a simple chicken noodle soup. I ate. Went back to bed. I managed to sleep for about 3 hours more. I woke up feeling drained. No energy for nothing.

Incoming call: Devin.

Incoming call: Devin. Again.

I just couldn't answer his phone calls.

Incoming call: Kendall.

"Hey," I said when I answered. My voice sounded flat and lifeless.

"How're you feeling, Jay?" Kendall asked sounding concerned.

"You don't have to worry, Kenny. Hopefully it would go away soon," I said. This pain felt like it was going to be suck with me forever.

"Aren't you suppose to be working?" I asked when he didn't reply.

"I just got out. I'm on my way home," he said.

"Yeah, working at the ER was pretty boring yesterday night," I said.

"You work at the ER now?" asked Kendell.

"Yeserday was the first time."

"Did you ask then to switch you?"