Chapter Nineteen.

Nova's POV.

I woke up facing Kayden's face and I saw a little hand resting on his chest. I sat up a bit and saw Emerald tightly holding his hand like a teddy bear. I let out a little laugh.

I laid back down then remember last night going through heat. I didn't even think it was that painful. I looked down and saw the t-shirt I was wearing had risen up to just were my belly button is. I blushed thinking about how Kayden might have seen me like this. I quickly pulled it back down where it rested on the top of my thighs.

I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom to do my morning business. Once I was done I walked back into the bedroom to see Kayden spread out like a star on his bed and Emerald spread out on top of his. It was adorable.

I made my way downstairs because my belly began to rumble. I still don't eat as much as I should be but it's enough to fill me up till lunch. I began cutting up some fruits and made the pancakes as usual.

I wanted to bake a cake so I grabbed the ingredients from the cupboard and being baking. Half way through baking I heard some alarms then a load of thumps coming from the floors above me. I laughed knowing they either smell the pancakes or the cake. I've never baked a cake here so hopefully they will like it.

"Damn I smell cake, but I don't see cake." I heard a cheerful voice. I looked up and saw Trey standing there looking lost.

"It's in the oven cooking." I smiled at him.

"So when will it be ready?" He smiled back at.

"About 10 minutes. Here have a pancake." I gabbed around 5 pancakes covered them in sugar and placed some strawberries on. I handed the plate over to him and he mumbled a thanks because he already shoved around 2 in his mouth.

I served a few more packs members that smelt the cake.

I heard the timer go off and Trey's had snapped up so fast I think he might have gotten whiplash. I giggled, I put on the oven mitts and took the cake out.

I turned around to grabbed the icing and when I turned back around I saw Trey just about to try and take a piece. I smacked his hand away and glared at him.

"No, bad boy." I said.

"I sworry." He pouted.

"Yeah yeah." I waved him off.

I began spreading the icing all over the cake and sprinkled some M&M's on top. I cut a piece and put it on a plate for Trey.

He was just looking at it, then he began to smell it. "You're weird." I said. He shrugged then basically shoved the whole cake slice in his mouth. My mouth dropped open and then he started choking. I ran over to him and slapped his back as hard as I could. I grabbed one of the glasses of water from the table and handed it to him. He drunk it all in one.

"Damn that cake was good, choked on the M&M though." He said his voice a bit raspy from the choking.

"Don't scared me like that again." I pointed a finger at him.

He just grinned sheepishly at me before apologising.

I heard knocks at the door. They got louder and faster. I ran to it and opened it to Nathan my twin standing there, all bruised and bloodied.

****

Nathan at the top.