Chapter One.

I woke up shivering from the cold. I quickly glance over at my clock and it read 5:30am. My eyes widen, oh shit I'm 30 minutes late for waking up. I probably overslept because of the harsh beating last night from my brothers. I get off the floor and walk over to the bathroom. Yes you heard the floor, I'm not allowed to sleep on a mattress so I get the floor and a dirty sheet for a blanket.

I turn on the dim lit light which the bulb needs replacing but won't be happening any time soon. I quickly strip out my clothes and get in the cold shower. Apparently I don't deserve any hot water, so here I am showering with freezing cold water. I look down at my body I see all the cuts and bruises from last night. Everyone knows of the beating except the Luna. The pack doctor is always telling me to run, but I don't want to leave my family. Even though they hate me.

Where I haven't shifted yet I heal so much slower basically at a human's rate.

My name is Nova Knight and yes I haven't shifted, I know most people shift at 12 but no. I waited for my 13th birthday and nothing happened. By my 14th birthday I was the slave, the reject, the human. My family practically disowned me because I couldn't shift. My own twin brother Nathan beats me but I see the guilt in his eyes, like he doesn't want to do it. My two older brothers Micah and Shane do not give a fuck. I didn't think anything could hurt more than family turning on you. My 18th birthday is tomorrow and tomorrow morning I am leaving this fucking hell hole.

I quickly get out the shower and dry myself off. I put on my undergarments. I put on ripped jeans, a worn out t-shirt and battered converse.

I walk up the stairs. Yes I live in the basement. I walk into the kitchen and begin preparing breakfast for the pack. I cook over 50 pancakes or more I don't know I've lost count. I set all the plates, knives and forks out. I put jugs off juice all along the tables. I set the pancakes and fruit and other things they eat at breakfast. I wait till 6:30am when they all come downstairs. I stand in the back facing the wall, as I am not allowed to make contact or eye contact with anyone. I heard the scrap off the chairs and the chatter that fills the room.

"NOVA!" A voice roars. I quickly turn around and face the Future Alpha Damien.

I run over to him and stand there waiting him to talk. I think everyone has given up I have stopped talking. I just stop shouting and screaming for help but it never works so I stay silent and let hot tears run down my face.

"My pancake is fucking cold, make another batch for me." He slaps me with one of the pancakes and laughter fills the room.

I nod and take his plate. I begin making another batch of pancakes. When I've finished I walk back into the dining room and see it empty. Motherfucker. I sigh and begin collecting the plates and throw any wasted food into the bin. I'm not allowed to eat anything because I am too fat. Personally I know I am but hearing it every day doesn't help. I put half of the dishes in one dishwasher and the other in the on opposite it.

I quickly do some off the laundry before I head off for school. I make sure everything is clean before grabbing my bag and walking to school. I don't mind it at least I lose some weight while walking.

Before I know it I enter the school and I'm late. The receptionist knows why I'm late and she gives me a look of pity before handing a late slip.

The school is an all werewolf school. It is two different packs. Our pack The Red Fall Pack and the other pack called The Silver Moon Pack.

The future alpha always wants to help me, he sits with me at break and lunch. But I don't talk to him, he brings me lunch every day. Which is a sandwich, apple and a capri sun. He tells me stories.

I wait in the corner of the library for him to show up.

He finally sits in front of me digging through his bag and hands me a brown bag with lunch in.

"Today I woke up to hear my younger brother in the shower singing Taylor Swift" He laughs which earns a few glares.

I decided to tell I'm leaving. So this will be the first time in nearly 3 years I've spoken.

"Dylan I'm leaving." I whispered but it comes out croaky.

He looks up and his eyes are wide and mouth is agape. I would of giggled if I was my old self.

"Y-you speak?" He stuttered.

"Y-you're the first person I've spoken to in 3 years" I say but end up in a coughing fit. I quickly drink some juice.

He opens his mouth and shuts it like a fish. I giggle because that face is just too funny.

"Wait your leaving?" A frown appears on his face. I just nod. "Why?"

"D-dylan I can't handle this anymore, I just can't. It hurts so much." I feel tears roll down my face.

"Isn't it your 18th tomorrow?" I nod at him. "You might shift." He grins but when he sees my face it slips off his face.

"I highly doubt that Dylan. But honestly you are the greatest friend I could ever need. I always enjoyed your stories, they made my day better." I choke at the end of sentence.

"You can live with me. Join my pack."

"I can't they will find me and my punishment will be so much worse. I will not cause a war between two packs." I frown.

I suddenly feel arms around me and hug me close to a warm body. "I will miss you so much Nova." He whispers. "Wherever you end up, call me so I know you are safe" He kisses my forehead.

I wrap my arms around him and hold him close to me.

I look over his shoulder and see a pack member smirking at me. I gulp, I am going to be in big trouble when I get home. I watch her walk out the library.

"I'm in so much trouble." I whisper but with Dylan's werewolf hearing he heard. His whole body stiffened.

"Why?" He asked.

"Someone saw us hugging." I fiddled with my fingers.

"I'm sorry I got you into this mess Nova. I am so sorry." He repeats sorry and sorry over and over again.

"It's okay I can handle it." I smile at him.

The lunch bell finally goes and Dylan hugs me tighter and kisses my forehead before going our separate ways.

I leave two hours before everyone else, how the Alpha managed to pull that was beyond me. I walked home and what I came face to face with was not pretty at all.