Chapter Twelve.

Nova's POV.

I've been here for a week, and everything is so much better. Me and Kayden legally adopted Emerald. She is turning three soon. I meet members off the pack every day and everyone is so nice. They are nothing like my old pack. Kayden still asks which pack I am from and what they done but I prefer to not tell him anything. I shift once a day but it isn't as painful as it was before. Emerald loves Elliot every time he comes into the room Emerald blushes like a tomato.

I'm talking more, sometimes I cough but no blood. I've put on some weight which is good.

I also got my first power. Fire. I remember when I found out.

I was walking towards Kayden's office and I turned the door handle, I walked in and sat on the sofa at the side.

"You wanna read a book baby?" I nodded and be brought one over for me, when I touched it, it just turned into flames. My hold hand was on fire and he picked me up and ran me to the doctor who said it was my first power fire. I spent all day learning to control it. It took all day but I done it.

I was watching some show on the TV when I remembered I had to call Dylan.

I walked to Kayden's office, I looked around and he wasn't in there. I quickly ran to the phone and typed in the number I had memorised.

I waited and waited for him to pick up, on the last ring he did.

"Hello Alpha Dylan of Silver Moon Pack speaking." He said with authority.

"Hello big bad Alpha Dylan." I said.

"Nova?" I laughed. "Oh god it's really you thank god you are safe? You are safe aren't you?" He rambled on. "And why are you ringing from the Dark Moon Packs phone?"

"I'm safe and I found my mate." I grinned even though he couldn't see.

"That's great who is it?"

"Kayden Black."

"Girl you scored an Alpha." He laughed.

"How is everyone?" I asked.

"Mad and sad. Luna left them for a while. Nathan is spending all his time over here, your family are crying and what not. Damien is sad but his dad is furious." He said at the end.

"Oh is Nathan there?"

"Yeah let me get him." While I waited Kayden walked in and squinted his eyes but lifted me up and sat me on his lap.

"Nova? Nova is that you. Oh thank the lord." Nathan said. I heard Kayden growl loudly.

"Hello brother" I narrowed my eyes at Kayden.

"Who was that? Anyway where are you? Man I miss you, did you shift yet?" He began saying questions after questions.

"Woah slow down Nathan. I found my mate," I grinned at Kayden. "He is the Alpha of the dark moon pack. And yes I shifted but died somehow, and we have a child." I laughed.

"Holy smokes. What colour are you?"

"White."

"OH SHIT, look at you sis. And a child man you moved fast." He laughed.

"No we adopted a little girl you idiot."

"Yeah yeah I knew that. Anyway Dylan is moaning he wants his phone back so I'll see you Nova. Take care okay. I love you sis."

"I love you to Nath," With that I hung up the phone.

I turned to Kayden and leaned into him.

"So who was that?" He asked.

"Dylan and my brother Nathan." I played with his fingers.

"Dylan?" He growled.

"Calm down big boy he was my only friend and Alpha of the Silver Moon Pack"

"Dylan?" He asked. "Oh shit Dylan he is a good lad. Did he touch you?" He growled again.

"Only hugged me when I told him I was leaving."

"So your pack must be close to them, so your pack must be the Red Fall Pack,"

"My old pack, because this is my pack now. And yes." He began growling and I saw his eyes turn black meaning his wolf was out.

"THEY DARED TO TOUCH MY MATE." Kayden, wait no Ace shouted and punched the wall.

"Kayden," I said softly. He was shaking with anger. I walked over to him and placed my hand on his back.

He turned to me and his eyes were so black. "I'm okay, look I am okay."

"They hurt you." He gritted out.

"I know but I'm okay" I wrapped my arms around his and pressed my cheek to his chest. His heart was beating rapidly. I whispered 'I'm okay' over again.

He wrapped his big arms around me and slowly stopped shaking, he was just breathing heavily now. He nuzzled his head into my neck breathing in and out.

"I won't let them touch you, I won't let them." He mumbled.

"I know you won't."