Chapter Four.

Nathan's POV. (Nova's Twin)

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I heard people burst into my room with grins.

I looked at my parents and older brothers. I looked over at Damien and a few other friends holding presents in their hands.

"Thanks guys" I try to rustle up as much happiness but I couldn't. I really couldn't when my twin was probably running for her life and I'm here receiving presents.

"My baby is finally 18. Hopefully you find your mate." My mum squeezed me to her.

I only want one person to meet my mate and she is probably taken in by another Alpha because she was a rogue on their lands.

I opened all my presents and not one single one could make me happy.

I pushed them all out so I can get ready for school. I saw an envelope on the side off my bed and knew it was Nova. I opened it and it had nearly all the money I gave her. I saw a note inside and took it out.

I slowly opened it what is said make my heart hurt and tears flow out of my eyes.

I ran my finger over her name.

"Happy Birthday Nova." I whispered.

I quickly showered and dressed in jeans, a white top and black converse.

On my way downstairs I had several Happy Birthday's from people. I gave them all fake smiles and thanked them.

As I reached the dining room nothing was there, I smiled she was free. I looked to Damien and the Alpha and they were fuming.

They hid it all from Luna Rose how they did that was beyond me.

"WHERE IS THAT BITCH?" The Alpha roared.

I really wanted to laugh, like floor rolling laugh.

"Someone go and get that stupid fucking bitch." Damien ordered.

I saw the elders and saw Xander all of them were tense and waiting for Nova knowing she would get a beating. I walked over to him and his wife. I bent down to whisper in his ear.

"She is gone." I said them three words.

I saw his shoulders relax, he whispered around the table and relief was washed over their faces and some smiled.

Shane came back up with a piece of paper in his hand. His head was hung low and he handed the piece of paper over to Damien. All of were waiting for him to read it.

"Dear whoever," He began. "I've had enough. The pain was becoming unbearable. I hope you receive that type off pain once in your life, so you understand." He stopped and turned to my older brothers. "Shane and Micah you were supposed to protect me. Protect me from the bad, when in reality you became the bad. I looked up to you and wished I could be strong wolves like you but obviously not." Damien breathe in and out. "Damien you was my bestfriend and you beat me. You beat me so hard I lost so many memories from my childhood. The bad over ruled the good. I honestly thought you would change. I hope your mum finds out. I never wanted to tell her because she sees you as the perfect son, but honestly you are anything but that." She was right there. He turned to face my parents. "Mum and Dad, you were my parents, my idols. But all because I didn't shift I became an embarrassment. Grandma and Grandpa would be so ashamed off you. Don't you worry they knew about you beating me. My brothers beating me. What kind of child deserves that because they are different?" I turned to my mum and saw tears leak from her eyes. She doesn't deserve to cry.

"I hope you all rot in hell, except Luna Rose. Nova Knight" Damien finished and put the note on the table.

"At least I finally know why she was always covered in bruises." I heard someone say. I turned and saw Luna Rose in the doorway with tears in her eyes. "Her own family. Her own god damn family. My own son beat her. My own pack beat another pack member because she was a little different. I came here to wish Nathan and Nova Happy Birthday and I heard this." She shook her head.

"Hun-" Alpha tried to speak but she held up his hand.

"She was like a daughter. And my own husband beat her." A sob escaped her mouth.

A lot of frowns were upon people's faces because it hurts them to see their Luna upset.

"Nathan she didn't mention you." Luna spoke to me.

"I-I got my own letter." I bowed my head in respect.

"What did it say?" She asked.

"She said she loved me and wanted to wish me happy birthday." I choked at the end.

"Oh god. You monsters" She spat. She walked upstairs we heard loud thumping and stomping. About 10 minutes she came down with a suitcase.

"Hunny where are you going?" Alpha asked her.

"Away from here for a while. I cannot bare to be near monsters. But first I want to know what weapons you used and who tried to help her." Luna spoke.

Xander the elder spoke up. "We, all the elders tried to help, as well as the pack doctor. As well as Nathan But she is free from here." He smiled.

"Thank you Elder Nathan." She turned to Damien. "Weapons?" She asked harshly.

"S-silver bat. Knife laced with wolfsbane and silver. Silver knuckle duster. Whips with spikes on them" Damien gulped.

She paled. "Y-you used them on her?" He just nodded.

A slap echoed the room. We saw Damien holding his cheek. "THEY ARE WEAPONS FOR DIRTY ROUGE'S NOT A PACK MEMBER. Not family." She whispered the last bit. "I will be back Nathan follow me please." I walked after her following her to the car.

"I know that is not all of the letter. May I see it?" She asked but whispered.

I nodded and took it out my pocket. I handed it to her and she read it, tears began flowing heavily out her eyes.

"She will be okay Luna." I whispered.

"I am supposed to be Luna and I didn't even know it was happening in my own home." She handed me back the letter. "You tell me when she is safe okay?" I nodded. She wrapped her slender arms around me. "I'm glad she saw you before she left and Happy Birthday." She kissed me cheek and got in the car.

I waved to her after she drove off.

I walked back in the house and everyone was either crying or just looked sad. Fucking good.

My mum was holding onto my dad as they were both crying.

Shane and Micah were crying.

Damien was sitting down with his head in his hands.

And the Alpha was biting his nails, knowing he fucked up real fucking bad.

I looked to the ceiling and prayed Nova was okay and she was safe.