No longer holding grudges: chapter 27

When you hold a grudge towards someone, it's eats you up inside, your heart isn't obviously where it should be, and it can start to effect your relationship with God. When you have a grudge towards someone, you're being hostile towards them, you haven't forgiven them, and you're letting your past effect your future.
I always say I want to have a pure heart, I want to give God my all. The only way I'm going to see change, is if I acknowledge it and do something about it. Sometimes the most you can do is pray that the sin doesn't take hold of you anymore, conviction, ask for forgiveness and start doing what Christ would've done. If it's turning the other cheek, than do that; thinking about God before you do anything, makes you a better person and strengthens your relationship with God. What would Jesus do?, isn't just a saying; it's something every child of God should live by.

Treat others like you want to be treated. Love everyone regardless of how they act towards you, because everyone wants to be loved; and love is a way we show that God lives in our hearts. As long as you're bitter, you're robbing yourself of all the great spiritual things that could be happening. Love those who persecute you, love your enemies; better yet let them know they're truly loved by God. Jesus loved us so much, that he put his life on the line for us, he rides for our transgressions. God forgives us plenty and we don't deserve it. I recently decide to forgive one of my enemies for all of the pain they caused me. Hostility and revenge is like a drug, I wanted Him to feel the same pain I did; I wanted his feelings to be hurt. I could never just leave the argument like a mature young adult, I had to make sure I was heard and he was hurt. I always wondered why, I couldn't just move on and why I was becoming to grinch; and my whole family were victims of it. I always say that no one can make you do anything, you do it all yourself. I could've went a different road, a road of forgiveness and love. Angrily I chose opposite, and that road will get you no where in life. One night I was loudly discussing with my mothers boyfriend about a persons heart and that someone could be the same cold hearted person for the rest of their lives, but someone has to be the bigger person and move on. I was directing that towards him, but the words played over in my head and I knew what needed to be done. I had to stop wasting my energy on situations that weren't worth the long term bitterness. I prayed to God and said " God I know I've been in this really terrible state for a while now, and it wasn't until today that I realized that I had to be the solution. I had to open my heart, mind and soul to you. I want to be better for you. Thank you for opening my eyes and ears to you."
We as Christians are going to constantly be wrestling evil, but our responsibility is in Jesus Christ.