A look in the mirror: chapter 14

Sometimes your old self is still fighting your new self, because your still human and you do and say stupid things. For me that old part of me is bitter, hatred, and unforgiving. It took me sometime to realize the reason why I was still hostile and angry towards people that took advantage of me, bullied me and just plain was rude to me; was actually me. I haven't fully forgiven them yet, and neither have I went to go fix it with some people and just went on like it never happened. These are the same people I would do anything for, acquaintances, friends, family it doesn't matter.

I still try to see the good in them; regardless how many times they hurt me. At the end of the day I need to forgive everyone and love them. If I can't stand them, then I need to just separate myself and not be around them. God doesn't love seeing me like this, and if I'm striving to be more like Christ I need to forgive and not speak hurtful things, to not speak to those who persecute me, to not seek vengeance. I need to love them, be nice to them even if they're not nice to me.

So I pray to God to guide me and forgive me. As I realize it's not the people that hurt me, it's me.

Ephesians 4:32
Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.