Let's Watch You Squirm

CHAPTER NINETEEN: Let's Watch You Squirm.

"Miss Longbottom." Snape called out as I was about to leave," A word."

I picked up my bag from the floor, Hadleigh and Hermione waited by the door but I waved them off, no point three people being late.
Professor Snape leant on his desk with his arms crossed over his chest.
"Do you know why you are here?"
"well, when a mum and dad love each other –"
Snape raised his hands," Not what I mean, Miss Longbottom. I mean, do you know why I had made you stay behind."
"Nope." I sighed.
He nodded," I was wondering how you were getting on with the advanced potions book you got for Christmas a couple of years ago?"
"I have marked a couple out I want to try but I haven't made any yet," I pursed my lips sadly for a second before looking at him confused," How do you know that?"

Snape raised both eyebrows at me," Because it was from my personal library."
"Oh." I whispered," Thank you."
He nodded," That's not the main reason why you are here."

Great, I thought.
"Ok?" I nodded.
"You were seen coming out of my store cupboard the night before the second task, may I ask what you took?"
I pursed my lips," Nothing, drastic, just a small bottle of Gillyweed."
"Gillyweed?" Snape asked confused," Is that all?"
I nodded," Yeah, Neville suggested the plant was a good idea for the second task and well, if a Gryffindor tried to steal it you know the theatrics would give them away."
"So you haven't taken any ingredients for Polyjuice potion?"
"Not since the second year."
He nodded," Ok, if you have any ideas who took them, please let, me, know."
"Sure Professor."

He waved his as a gesture for me to leave. On my way out, I took a handful of empty cork stopped bottles.

Holding my bag on my shoulders, my brain formed a plan to prove Moody was the one with the ingredients.
Professor McGonagall didn't appreciate me being late by ten minutes, missing the lesson starter. I sat down next to Seamus and pulled my books pout of my bag, not saying a word as I quickly scribbled down the notes from the blackboard.
"What did Snape want?"
"He made his offer for me to skip a year in his class." I lied, dipping my quill into the ink.
Seamus looked at me wide-eyed," Why don't you?"
"Because I like my classes the way there are." I shrugged.

I tapped my fingers on the desk as I listened to our Transfiguration professor, she walked in between the desks

"Now, I want you in pairs to change the colour of something that can be hair colour, eye colour, the colour of a textbook and so forth." McGonagall looked at us sternly," be wary that the first few times the colour won't be perfect but with practice, it will."

Around the room, cloaks changed from black to purple, Hermione turned her pencil case from pink to lilac as Harry moped next to Ron the desk over.
"Ten points to Hufflepuff, good work Miss Abbott." McGonagall nodded as she passed.

"Ten Points to Gryffindor, Miss Granger; to Ravenclaw too, well done Miss Lovelace."

Professor McGonagall looked at Harry and Ron," Keep trying boys."

Taking my wand, I looked at the ink pot," Colovaria"

The raven black ink slowly turned a metallic silver that looked like it had glitter mixed in however there wasn't a speck in sight.
"That's a lovely colour, Miss Longbottom." Professor McGonagall said picking up the pot" Might just use this for my Christmas Cards this year."

I smiled as she walked past observing the ink in the pot before putting it on her desk.
Our heads snapped in the direction of a girl's scream, hiding my smile behind my hand as Parkinson's shoulder-length dark hair slowly turned neon yellow starting from her roots going down to the tips.
"Oh, Miss Parkinson." Professor McGonagall gasped, "That is quite the look for you."
Parkinson cried, grabbing the ends of her hair," How do I get rid of it!"
"With the same spell, Miss Parkinson, this time; please focus on a specific colour and shade."