The Interview's Consequences.

CHAPTER NINE: The Interview Consequences.

Hermione looked uncomfortable as she studied, Victor Krum started at her from the other side of the Library.
We sat by one of the windows, condensations on the corner of the lead panels.
"Is he still watching?" Hermione asked looking up from her History of Magic essay.
Peering over her shoulder, I nodded," Yeah, why?"
"That's all he does." She groaned," He comes in here and just watches me study."
"Maybe he's trying to work out what to say, he could be nervous," I said, feeding Drizella a handful of treats from my hand.
Hermione scoffed," I doubt that he's Victor Krum, Mr Best Seeker –"
"Just because he's famous doesn't mean he doesn't get nervous when talking to someone he thinks is cute."
She gave me a pointed look," And you know this, how?"
"I have a brother." I shrugged," That's all the evidence I need."
She nodded," Sure Celyn."

Around Noon, Harry slumped down in the chair next to mine, rolling up my cloak – I put it on the desk seconds before Harry smashed his head on the table.
"That bad?" I asked innocently.
He nodded, his voice muffled by the fabric.
"Pronunciations is key if you want us to help." I patted the back of his head.
Looking up, he looked like he wanted to find a cupboard somewhere and hide.
"She's evil."
Hermione raised an eyebrow," Who is?"
"Rita Skeeter."
I shuddered," The Gossip column writer for the Daily Prophet?"
"That's what she does?" He groaned," I'm doomed."
You have no idea, I thought to myself.
Hermione looked over at me, "Say something."
"Like what?" I mouthed back.
She shrugged," Anything."
"She wrote one or two good articles back in 1981, 1982 and 1989." I informed him," Granted they were about court cases but there where well informed and reasonably ok."
Harry sighed," Celyn, I know you mean well, but you need to work on your comforting skills."
My shoulders slumped," I know."
"Is it about the article that was published yesterday?" Hermione asked.
He nodded," Ron and Seamus aren't talking to me because of it."
"What had Padfoot said?" She asked.
Harry looked at her, "He's speaking to me tonight."
"You guys act more like girls that we do." I shook my head," Like for real."
Hermione nodded," She does have a point."
Looking between us, he sighed," Why am I friends with you two?"
"Because without us –" I started.
"You would've died four years ago." Hermione finished.

Harry sat in a slump for the rest of the day, Seamus and Ron had both turned on him. 
For once I felt bad for Harry Potter.
Looking around, I saw Barty Crouch, wide-eyed I picked up my things as ran from the library and discreetly as possible leaving Hermione and Harry very confused.
"Cel!" Cho yelled from one of the carved seating areas under the archways," You have to see these."

Reaching into a card box, Roger threw over a grey jumper as I approached them. I held it out, in the middle was 'Ravenclaw Quidditch' embraided on the front with two crossed brooms, on the back was our names and jersey number.
"What's this for?" I asked holding it against me.
Jack smiled," Well, because we can't play inter-house quidditch, Roger and I thought these would keep our spirits up whilst we train outside."
Cho's face fell, "We are still doing that?"
Roger smiled wickedly," yes, if we continue to train then when the Quidditch season rolls around again we will already be a year ahead."
"Does that mean I get out of it?" Adrian smirked," It is after all my final year."
My smile faded, "Don't remind me."
He wrapped me up in a side hug," Sorry Curly."
"It's ok." I smiled," Still would've been nice to play this year."
Ryan nodded," I guess a friendly tiff with Slytherin or Gryffindor is going to suffice."
"It might just be Slytherin." I confessed," Gryffindor is kinda split at the moment."
Roger nodded," yeah, Angelina was talking about it when I bumped into her at the pitch yesterday."
"Do we have to tryouts then?" Jack asked, folding the jumper into his bag.
Roger sighed," We could or leave it till next year because we'll have to anyways."

Down the corridor, I saw Crouch again, hands in his pockets with his group of workers behind him as they prepared for the first task. Quickly moving Roger in front of me, I kept as low as possible.
Cho looked confused as she looked at me," What are you doing?"
"Hiding," I whispered as I watched Crouch pass.
Roger nodded slowly," Ok, so whilst you hide from diplomates and state officials, I'll be in the tower's library. See you guys later."
Waving goodbye, Roger ended up bumping into Fleur at the end of the corridor.

When the coast was clear, I made a quick goodbye then walked in the opposite direction of Crouch, going full circle to the Great Hall.
Harry sat isolated at the Gryffindor table, Neville looked like he wanted to sit by him but with one look from Ron he sat back down.
Sitting opposite me, Hadleigh had a large smile on her face.
"I won."
"You what?" I asked.
She smiled as she loaded her plate up with her favourite food," I won my first Gobblestone game!"
"Hey!" I cheered," Well Done!"
Hadleigh smiled proudly," How was your Friday afternoon?"
"Hiding from Crouch mostly, but I was with Hermione for a while." I smiled.
"At least you didn't spend the evening alone."
I nodded," That reminds me, Neville and I are  going to the Lake tomorrow, do you want to come?"
"Yeah" She smiled," oh and are you going to talk to him tomorrow?"
I shrugged," Maybe Monday."
"Why did you fall out?"
I gestured to him," Durmstrang came along and then that's it."
"He'll come around, they aren't even that good-looking." She rolled her eyes.
Raising my eyebrows, her façade dropped.
"Could you imagine being hugged by one of them?" She asked," it would be like being hugged by a blanket."

Our laugher followed into dessert and it didn't die down till we began our way back to the dorm.
Padma sat on her bed with a smile as she began her Herbology report, as I took a midnight shower when she needed help I did my best to shout the answers through the door
Staring up at the top of my canopy, I was scared to fall asleep.

There was a crypt in the graveyard, hidden behind a metal gate that was off its hinges. Creeping down, I followed the paths down into a hidden pathway. The tunnel was dark without any lanterns, the smell was damp, stale and death.
It led into a house, Wormtail scurried around making potions out of old tails, snakes scales and other gross ingredients. Staying around the corner, I saw him roll up both of his sleeves, the dark mark looked fresh almost new. From the cover of a chair, a bony hand clicked its fingers.
A familiar man crouched by his side; a silver pocket watch caught the flames of the fire as the spoke.
Behind me, Wormtail scurried up the stairs,  he had acquired some tendencies such as scratching his nose with the back of his hand and sniffing the air. Standing by the doorway, he coward into the corner hoping that the smaller he made himself the less noticed he would be.
"What's next?"
"Gain his trust," The voice sounded snake-like," The more he trusts you the closer he gets to me."

The man stood up, walking to the door, he pulled out a familiar hipflask from his suit pocket, with a small face on the lid.