Seamus Finnigan

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Seamus Finnigan.

My head ached.
I was in the school, down the Portrait corridor where Professor Snape hid his private stash of ingredients. If we hadn't have stolen from him in our second year, I wouldn't have a clue where I was. Hogwarts was a big place and I don't think one person knows the whole school.
The door to the cupboard was open, the light bled out like a strip of light down the middle of the corridor. Slowly I crept up towards the door, I wasn't worried as I couldn't be seen, however, the person in the cupboard might not want me snooping. For all I knew, it was Snape doing some late-night organising.

On the shelves, there was every ingredient under the sun from Gillyweed to Poisonous Hemlock. Leaning by the door, was a familiar cane of Alister Moody, with curiosity I poked my head around the door. Professor Moody stood on the ladder as he picked up bottles of lacewing flies, powdered Bicorn horn, boomslang skin and Knotgrass. All ingredients needed to make Polyjuice potion

"Holy fuck." I whispered.

"Celyn are you ok?" Seamus asked as he came over to the table with two glasses, breaking my deep thought,
Nodding I hid the yawn that was threatening me," Rough night, didn't sleep much."
He nodded taking off his jacket he sat across the table from me," Do you want to talk about it?"
"I wouldn't know where to start." I laughed.
He took my hand understandingly," At least talk about it with someone who knows, like Hadleigh or Neville."
"Yeah, I'll have to mention this one." I sighed," How are you?"
He laughed," Small talk, ok? I'm good, classes suck, and Neville has a plant that's eaten my socks."
"Yeah, it does that." I nodded understandingly," I found pairing them oddly helped, it has a preference for pairs."
"I'll keep that in mind." He smiled," Are you prepared for the second task?"
"Yeah, I'm curious about what it could be, I would've said it was about the four elements but there are only four tasks." I sighed taking a sip of the drink in front of me, as I pretended I hadn't seen it take place in the middle of the Black Lake.
Seamus creased his eyebrows, "That's not a bad assumption actually, didn't think of that."
"Oh, "I smirked," Gryffindors actually think first?"
"No, we don't." Half of Seamus face screwed up as he shook his head

We sat in the three broomsticks, drinking the glasses of butterbeer in front of us. Around us was the remains from Valentine's day, paper hearts were still hung on the windows and pink shortbread was still being sold.
Hermione and I had come here that day with Hadleigh to celebrate her fifteenth birthday, two weeks ago. After her three previous birthdays at the school, Hadleigh didn't want to risk the possibility of another Cupid-gram.

Laughing, we left a few coins on the table as a tip; wrapping my scarf around my neck we went out into the frost filled streets. 
It had become a weekend thing, for Seamus and I to sit in the three broomsticks with a glass of butterbeer. It helped me forget about what I was seeing, and I enjoyed having a life outside seeing people getting hurt.
Hand in hand, we crossed the old wonky bridge that curved in some places and straightened out in other. On the other side, Jack was joking around with Roger, standing on the bench flapping his arms up and down like a bird.
Ignoring the idiot, I called a friend, we took the longer route into the school, I jumped on to the benches putting my arms out to keep my balance before jumping off the other end.
We stopped the Great Hall where I picked up a few pieces of fruit, stuffing them into the deep pockets of my coat. As I left, I stole a Cherry Bakewells tarts from Neville's plate.
"I'll see you later." I smiled at Seamus.
He squeezed my hand," Have fun."
I rolled my eyes," I doubt that but, cup half full right?"

Walking from the Great Hall, Hadleigh met me outside the double door the library. Madam Prince was standing by her desk, her wand directing the books to their contract shelves in order of subject then grouped by author.
Exploring the forest of books, we found the gold trio taking up a whole study space. Ron looked half asleep as Hermione paced up and down the area leaving Harry with his chin resting on an open book.
"What's up?" Hadleigh grinned enthusiastically as she jumped up onto the desks contacted to the bookshelves.
Ron looked up," You two are good at riddles; you have a go."
"Ok, let's hear it." I sighed leaning on the space next to my fellow Ravenclaw.