Adrian Hawksworth

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Adrian Hawksworth

December gloom set in early.
Hadleigh, Hermione and I were waiting outside as we spent our twenty-minute break outside. Fleur paraded passed us, her head high with her peers walking in two neat rows behind her.

"Don't look now," I whispered
Hadleigh and Hermione both turned their heads, hitting the two on the arm with my transfiguration book, their head whipped back around to look at me.
"I said don't look." I rolled my eyes.
"What's so important anyway?" Hermione asked
I suppressed a smile," You will find out soon enough."

Walking in a triangle, the three Durmstang boys bowed to us – Hermione didn't look fazed in the slightest whereas Hadleigh was on the brink of an aneurism.
Viktor Krum took Hermione's hand, "Will you go to the dance with me?"
Hermione just stared at him.
"' Mione, say something," Hadleigh whispered forcefully.
"Now would be good." I pressed as the two-minute mark had passed.

She cleared her throat, "Yes?"
Krum kissed her hand, the heels of their boots banging on the ground as the three bowed simultaneously as a gesture of farewell. Hermione just stood not moving at they walked across the quad.
"Wow." Hadleigh gasped," Our litter Hermione is all grown up."
Hermione still hadn't moved.
I clicked my finger in front of her face," 'Mione, sweetie you there?"
She nodded quickly," I have a date for a dance."
"Yes." Hadleigh and I answered.
"I sense dress shopping this weekend." Hadleigh smiled," Oh, Hi Neville."

A smile erupted on my face," So?"
"She said yes." He said slowly.
"I knew she would." I cheered wrapping my brother up and a hug," Congratulations."
Neville blushed heavily," Thanks."
"Who did you ask?" Hadleigh spoke intrigued.
"Ginny." He shrugged.
Hadleigh nodded," I can see that –"
"Oh shush, you 'see' every couple." Hermione rolled her eyes.
"Has he asked yet?" Neville asked me.
I creased my eyebrows," Who?"
His face turned to panic as he stared at me wide-eyed," Nothing, see you in class."
"Ne –" I tried calling him but he had scurried off.
Hadleigh slumped against the wall," Am I the only one without a date?"
"I don't even know who mine is, let alone if I'd say yes, so calm yourself, Hads."

Walking with Hermione in the middle, we waited outside Professor Flitwick's classroom whispering to ourselves till the door opened. We took a seat, Hadleigh, me, then Hermione as the rest of our class filed in. The two fires in the room where ablaze, the heat already radiating through the room.
Barrelling late, Seamus and Dean pushed their way through the door – whispering quick apologies as they took a seat next to Neville and Harry.

"As I was saying," Flitwick continued, "cleaning charms, those of you brought up in a magic environment would've seen this spell used countless times, does anyone know it?"
Isabelle raised her hand
"Miss MacDougal?"
"Scourgify." She answered.
"Good, five points to Ravenclaw – what unofficial use does this spell also do?" Flitwick nodded," Mr Malfoy?"
"Fills people's mouths with... bubbles." He shuddered, not enough for anyone to notice.
"Five points to Slytherin." The Professor gestured from his pile of books," The wand movement is a clear S shape – in front of you will be three books and I want you to put the books away."

Pulling my wand, from its usual place as it held my hair up, Professor Flitwick's pile of the book got smaller as he passed them out leaving him standing on the desk.

"Miss Lovelace!" Flitwick called," Try drawing a larger S, rather than keeping it so the size of your handwriting."
She nodded looking down at her small handwriting that looked like small spiders had walked into her inkpot and across the page.
"Are we going by the Black lake for lunch?" I asked as I practised the wand-movement.
Hermione nodded," Its December so the Squid shouldn't cause us an issue."
I nodded," I can't wait till summer when we can sit outside with fresh lemonade and scones with loads of books –"
"Sweetie, let's just stick to Hot chocolate by the fire with thick blankets and fluffy jumpers." Hadleigh smiled, breaking me from my daydream.
"More of a summer person."
"Don't we know it." Hermione mumbled," Scourgify"