Barty Crouch Senior

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Barty Crouch Senior

Barty Crouch ran aimlessly through the Dark Forest, every couple of steps he looked behind him. As he ran, he spoke only on the name 'Voldemort.' He chanted it like a prayer as he weaved in and out of the branches.
The man who ran didn't look like the Crouch the went missing a month ago, this man was scared, scared and gaunt. Last week he looked a little healthier in the dreams, given he was tied to a chair that time, and before that, he was in a wine cellar.

Crouch hid behind one of the trees, he was out of breath, for a second he dropped his hat onto the ground; maybe to lead them off his trail.

"Hello, Father."
Dressed in Moody's clothes, Crouch Junior scowled at the man on the floor.
"How?" Senior asked," You died."
Barty Junior smirked," No, Mother didn't believe I could do such a thing and she was dying either way. One one of her visits she brought two bottles of Polyjuice potion with her. She walked in, then I walked out in her place."
"That's impossible."
Junior shook her head," Not really. With Black's escape, all the Dementors weren't at the Prison, made escaping a little easier."

"Why are you telling me this." Crouch Senior asked a few tears down his face.
"Because you won't be alive to tell anyone else."

"Avada Kedavra"

I bolted upright as the green light filled my eyes.

"Celyn?" Hadleigh mumbled from the other side of the room," What time is it?"
Turning on my side, I pulled the alarm clock closer," it's, three thirty-three."
"Oh." Hadleigh groaned," You ok?"
I nodded, "I'm gonna have to see Dumbledore in the morning."
"Ok." She said sleepily," I'll cover you in Moody's lessons."
"Thanks, Haddie," I said, pulling the covers over my shoulders.

On my side, I watched Drizella as her legs twitched; a sign she was running in her sleep. With a deep sigh, I pulled my dressing gown from the hook by the door, throwing it over my shoulders as I went down to the common room.
From the bookcases, I took out a large book of Grimm Fairy tales then curled up in front of the fire.
The blue flames danced over the logs each one either being pulled or drawn to each other like magnets.
In my hand, the book stayed closed as I watched the fire- creating small stories from the pictures I could see

"Celyn?"

Looking up, Adrian sat next to me; his face full of worry – behind him Flitwick stood next to Dumbledore with most of Ravenclaw House on the stairs.
"Yeah?" I replied, "What's up?"
Adrian put his hand on my shoulder," Do you know what time it is?"
"I don't know, four in the morning?" I guessed.
He shook his head," It's half seven."
"Come with me, Miss Longbottom." Dumbledore said comfortingly," I think we have somethings to discuss."

Nodding, I followed Dumbledore out of Ravenclaw tower and around the school. On the way, Draco quickly squeezed my hand as we passed in the corridor. As I followed the headmaster, I kept my arms tight around me as I wondered the school in my pyjamas and a fluffy dressing down.
Hidden in the corridor was the bronze Griffin that was the centrepiece to the staircase. Its wings ran around the circumference of the tower as it sat proudly on a small pedestal.

"Sherbet Lemons." The headmaster called.

Bellow us, the gryphon began to turn, similar to a screw that was being removed from a piece of wood. Dumbledore hopped onto one of the steps, standing there as it carried him to the top.
Not wanting to be left behind, I hopped on to nearest steps; I didn't move as the stairs moved because the idea made me feel sick. I had one hand resting on the column in the middle, gripping onto the gryphon as the stairs jolted to a holt. Running to the top, Dumbledore had already taken a seat behind his desk and was pouring two cups of tea.
"I hear a good cup of Earl Grey calms the nerves." He said the slight twinkle in his eyes had faded slighting.