Déjà Vu (Part 1)

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Déjà Vu

We had lost a rat.
Our Professor ran into the woods.
Harry was almost killed by dementors.
And the train leaves tomorrow afternoon so we can go home.
Fuck this school.

"Harry-"
Bolting up, he looked at his surroundings with a happy smile," I saw my dad."
I looked up from the book I was reading with Hads," What?"
"He sent the Dementors away." He informed us," I saw him. Across the lake-"
Hadleigh sighed," I think you hit your head if you think that."
"Listen, Harry – "Hermione waved her hand to interrupt the dream-fest," They've captured Sirius. Any minute the Dementors are going to perform the Kiss."
Harry's eyes darted around at us," The Kiss?"
"It's what Dementors do to those they want to destroy. They clamp their jaws over the victim's mouth and... suck out his soul." Ron shrugged sadly," It's gross."
Harry went wide-eyed, sitting up properly, "You mean, they're going to kill Sirius?"
"Not exactly," I said leaning on the metal frame of the bed." You go on living. But you have no memory, you're just a shell of the person you used to be – it's the more human way, the other way is vile."

Dumbledore entered from the two oak doors of the Hospital Wing, Harry and Hermione bolted forwards toward him.
"Headmaster! You've got to stop them!" Hermione almost shouted, grinding to a halt in front of the teacher, "They've got the wrong man!"
Harry stood by her, his head nodding in agreement," It's true, sir. Sirius is innocent-"
"It's Scabbers who did it!" Ron shouted from the other side of the room.
Dumbledore looked confused, his eyes darting around the room, "Scabbers?"
"My rat, sir." Ron explained," Only he's not really a rat. Well, he was a rat. You see, he used to be my brother Percy's-"
Hermione jumped in when Ron began to ramble, "The point is... we know the truth. Please, sir, you must believe us"

Dumbledore ambled over to Ron, slapping his hand on his risen leg, "I do, Miss Granger. But I'm sorry to say the word of four thirteen-year-old wizards, and a Dreamwalker will convince a few others. A child's voice, however honest and true, is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen."
From the back window, we saw the shooting stars that Professor Sinistra had mentioned before Easter – it was a sight to see.
"A shooting star. If ever one was to make a wish, now would be the time. But time, I'm afraid, is precisely our problem." Dumbledore spoke cryptically," Mysterious thing, time. Powerful. And, when meddled with dangerous. Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower. You know the laws, Miss Granger. You must not be seen. And you would, I feel, do well to return before this last chime. Take Miss Longbottom, she's seen several outcomes of the year due to time meddling, I'm sure this will be a lovely insight. Three turns should do it, I think. If you succeed, more than one innocent life may be spared the way, when in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin... Good luck."
Tapping is nose a few times, Dumbledore walked out of the Hospital Wing, closing the double door behind him. She pulled my arm, hooking a gold chain around my neck as well as Harry's, locking us together.
"Hadleigh, you coming?" I asked as she sat back down.
She shook her head," That was enough for me."
"Sorry, Ron but as you can't walk ...." Hermione said as he looked hopeful from his bed.
He sighed understandingly.
"You won't even know we've gone," I reassured him.

One. Two. Three.

The hospital wing moved around us, from burn victims from potions to being treated for poisoned oak. We stood in the middle, no one seeing us skipping through time with a necklace. The Hospital was surprisingly unoccupied when we stopped – with exams going on I'd expect a few more potions explosions at this time.

Hermione read the face of the large clock at the other end of the corridor," Three-thirty. Where were we at Three-thirty?"
Harry looked around it thought," going to Hagrid's?"
"Coming out of an exam," I said
"What?" Harry said.
"I'm thirty minutes behind you till Hermione punches Dr- Malfoy," I explained as we ran after Hermione.
"Come on! We can't be seen!" Hermione shouted back at us as we ran down the clock tower stairs.