The Quidditch World Cup Broadcast

CHAPTER TWO: The Quidditch World Cup Broadcast.

"So, you're telling me, when I was two you put a memory charm on me that made me forget but when I was caught in a Patronus it counteracted a thirteen-year-old spell and now I will start remembering stuff?" 
The doctor looked unimpressed with my shortened version," Yeah, something like that."
"Do you know how unbelievable that sounds?" I asked.
"Celyn." Gran scolded.
Doctor William Facilier sighed," We know it doesn't seem real, but we did that to protect your mind from reliving that sort of trauma – "
"But seeing the death of my friends with no way to help them isn't traumatic?" I questioned," Is there a way to put the spell back?"
He shook his head," Not until you fully remember."
"Right..." I nodded, unsure how I was feeling about any of it.
Doctor Facilier wrote out a prescription," With your sight and that resurfacing of these memories I suggest you take one of these once a day."
"What do they do?"
"They help space out resurfacing memories – we usually gave them to Witches and Wizards after the war to help them cope with what they did or didn't do."
Gran nodded, her back straight," Once a day? Could you write to Madam Pomfrey about this, so they know how to deal with it if anything was to happen?"

The Doctor nodded, "We do that automatically with patients who attended a magical school. I want to see you every three months to see how you are progressing but other than that; memories can't hurt us."
"Uh-huh." I spoke, holding the glass bottle in my hands," Thanks."
"I'll leave you to continue your visit."

Gran shook the doctor's hand, brushing down her navy dress leaving me to follow after her with my bag slipping off my shoulder every now and then.
Neville saw us, bidding farewell to our parents; he joined us in the corridor. Mum looked a little better, her hair was still grey, and her face wasn't as bright as it had been, but she didn't look as ghost-like. Drizella came out with him, instantly running circles around me; pressing her nose into my hand.
"Nev?" I whispered
"Yeah?
"Thought about a haircut?" I asked messing up the mop on his head.
He shrugged," Never thought about it."
"Remember you are staying with your grandfather tonight because Merlin knows I need a break." Gran whittled on as we followed her through the hospital to the floo network.

Standing in the fireplace, I took a handful of powder from the transport security guard who sat at the table, "Diagon Alley."
I manifested in a dead-end, where the two fireplaces were; one was for entrances the other was for exits. Overall there were fourteen fireplaces in total; seven going into the Alley and seven going out of the Alley.
Neville and Gran came in next, the lady waiting to leave was taken back by Gran's falcon hat.

Gran opened the door of the Parlour, inside it was filled with young families who had kids too young to go to the match or old couples who shared a sundae between them. Drizella stood close by me, it took a while for her to get used to new environments and places.
Around us, the mops were cleaning the floors without someone using them and rags polished out the sugar stains on the tables before floating back to their spots on the shelves behind the counter.
Grandpa Florian stood with his arms out," There you are!"
"I'll be back tomorrow, bright and early to go pick up your supplies," Gran said, fixing her red handbag on her shoulder.
With a quick gesture of affection, she went out of the door – disapparating as soon as the door closed behind her.
"The game starts at six so why don't you guys help around the shop then we can order in and watch it on the T.V the minister has added a secret broadcast of the final." Grandpa Florian smiled brightly.
Neville and I shrugged," Sure."

With an apron around my waist, I smiled at every last customer; the looks on their faces when the kids walked in was a sight that I would love to keep seeing. Small hands on the glass as they looked up at their parents to see if they could have more the one scoop.
Neville was ringing customers up as Grandpa watching over us, a proud smile on his face.
Around closing time at five, Grandpa used magic to lock up the shop he led us up to the apartment at the top of the shop; it was a three-bedroom apartment with old family pictures hung on the walls and on standing picture frames.
Neville and I smiled at one, it was in the middle of the wall, a woman with long dark hair dressed in blue bell-bottom jeans and a blue and white checked top was being dipped by a man with dark mopped hair, pink shirt and white trousers. 
"That was a week after they left Hogwarts, the two of them went on a road trip before they started their training. Got some good ice cream flavours from them." Florian smiled sadly," If you want, you can take the photo album with you when you go."
Neville shook his head," No, they belong here."
Florian nodded understandably; Drizella jumped up onto the sofa, her head resting on her paws; looking around slowly getting used to the new smells that radiated around the place.
"Drizzie!"
Florian laughed," Don't worry about it; Alice had her fair share of pets that lounged on that sofa. I'll get something owled in. What do you fancy?"
"Pizza?" I suggested.
"What topping?"
I shrugged," Caramelise onions and Sausage?"
"Ok?" Grandpa looked concerned," Neville?"
"Chicken and peach."
He looked at us with his note pad in hand, "How did you two come up with that?"
Neville shrugged," It was in a sandwich once, tasted ok then."