I'm Not...

CHAPTER TEN: I'm Not...

Guitar on my back, Drizella and I made our way to the lake. In the evening the water was warmer, so Nev says.
Hermione had spent the day in the library, we had told her where we would be if she had time to join us after finishing her Divination homework.

"Sorry." Neville apologised as we walked to the lake,"  I invited Harry, he looked lonely –"
Don't worry about it, it's what you do Neville," I put my arm around his shoulders," Where did you get the book?"
"Mad eye gave it to me after you were where taken the Hospital Wing," Neville sighed," We had tea then I visited you."
"Was it nice tea?" I asked, keeping an eye on Drizella as she ran circles around Hadleigh.
He shook his head," Not even close."

By the lake, Neville rolled up his trousers and waded into the water, picking at the plants in the water. Hadleigh was chancing Drizella as I stayed seated playing the guitar aimlessly.
"How bad was it?" Hadleigh asked breathlessly as she sat down.
I raised an eyebrow," How bad was what?"
"The dream?"
"The usual, end of the world hints without any clues on how to prevent it."
Hads sighed," I'm sorry, I should've asked earlier but I didn't know how they are so much worse than last year."
"It's ok," I said taking her hand," Last year no one was plotting to kill us, it was an accident and any dreams I had was to save Sir- Padfoot."
"Sir Padfoot?" Harry Smirked," I'm going to tell him that one."
My face fell," Don't he'll get cocky."

"Amazing, just amazing," Neville whispered, holding up a loose piece of weed.
I looked at him confused, thankful for the change in convocation, "What? What's amazing."
Neville looked at us," Oh nothing just this weed can be used as a substitute to any missing ingredient in a potion."
Hadleigh rolled her eyes," Well that wouldn't've made our second year easier, here we were making flashbangs and being all Ocean's eleven and we just needed to go fishing."
"Oceans what?" I asked.
Her face fell," It's a film? Oh, you are coming over this summer, I have it on VHS and so many other films you have been deprived of because I doubt your Nan would've gone to the Cinema with you."
Drizella had relaxed after running around, she curled up at the foot of the tree, as I leant against the tree. Hadleigh rested her head on my lower legs as she read one of the books her brother had sent over to her.
Neville muttered to himself as he found something else in the lake, using the book he compared the drawings to the plant in his hand.
"Neville you're doing it again," Harry told him with a slight smile
Passing the book over on to dry land, Neville put the sample into one of the glass Petri dishes he had from Professor Sprout.

Harry glanced at the front cover, "Magical water plants of the Highland Lochs?"
"Moody gave it to me. That day we had tea." Neville said.
Neville raised his hand, from atop the hill – Hermione was whispering harshly to Ron as he gestured over to the four of us by the lake.

With a deep sigh, Hermione walked up to us looking at Harry, "Ronald would like me to tell you that Seamus told him that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid was looking for you,"
Harry looked at her," Is that right? Well.... what?"

Turning back to Ron, he whispered to her again as Ginny's eyes darted back and fourth between them
"Dean was told by Parvati that," 'Mione's shoulder's slumped," Please don't ask me to say it again. Hagrid's looking for you."
I looked at her, "why couldn't you have just said that?"
Hermione rolled her eyes," I have no idea."

Harry glared at Ron from over her shoulder, "Well you can tell Ronald-"
"I'm NOT an owl!" Hermione screamed, pulling Ginny along by her coat sleeve.

Sharing a look, we stood up in a hurry, I hugged my brother from the bank of the lake. On the way I picked up the guitar, Drizella ran next to us as was tried to catch up with Hermione.
"You look flustered," Hadleigh said as we caught up with the two girls.
"Why can't they just talk to each other!" Hermione shouted into the trees," I get Ron is pissed off but for Merlin's sake its too much effort to be friends with both of them when they are like this."
Ginny rolled her eyes," Try living with him at home and at school."
"Somehow, I think I'll be ok not knowing." 'Mione confessed.
Ginny's face broke into a small sly smile as we got closer to the school.

At the front of the school, Draco smirked as he approached us,
"Granger, Weaselette, Celyn's friend, Celyn." He smirked, running a hand through his hair.
Hermione pulled a face," What do you want Malfoy?"
"I need her." He pointed at me," Before she runs away again."
Ginny raised an eyebrow," Well I don't blame her for running away, you're not exactly high-class company."
"Well you are very accustom to low-class company soo." Draco sneered," A word."
Hermione raised an eyebrow at me," Really?"
"It's probably about Potions, keep your knickers on." I smiled," Don't worry about it, I'll see you at dinner if I'm not back one of us as killed the other."

Turning around my smile dropped," What the fuck is your problem?"
"At the moment?" He asked as we walked away from the girls," You."
"Me?" I questioned.
He nodded," Yes, Celyn – you are my problem."
"Why?" I asked, almost running to keep up," Will you stop walking, you have longer legs than me."
Draco turned, his hands in the pockets of his long coat," You have been avoiding me and I want to know why."
"Avoiding you? No, you've been avoiding me and acting like a huge dick."
"Ok, that is getting us nowhere." Draco concluded as we found an empty classroom to argue in,"
Sitting on a desk, I nodded," No kidding."
"Why?" He asked, leaning on the front desk,
I rolled my eyes," Because it's not you, not everything is about you, surprisingly. I'm running  from, it's Barty Crouch Senior."
"Why  are you hiding from a Ministry official?"
"Because he's going to want to apologies for what his son did, so Neville and I decided that avoiding him would be the best thing for us to do so Gran doesn't know and possible throw another casserole at him." I explained," So, overall, doesn't justify you being a dick for a month."
"I am just a dick, can we move on from that."
"No, because it doesn't explain why you and Pugface are suddenly joined at the hip-" I stopped talking," No!"
"It's not a thing, I just made my mother a promise and now it's biting me on the ass."
I shrugged," Better a promise biting you on the ass then –"
"Don't finish that sentence Cel." Draco's face contracted in disgust," We good?"
I nodded," If we weren't I wouldn't still be listening about your pure-blood legacy crap."

Leaving the classroom, we sat under the apple tree that was planted in memory of headteacher from 1670.
"You still haven't told me why you have been avoiding me?"
He let out a breath," In summary, father did something now they are paranoid and want to keep up appearances all the time and I didn't want to drag you into the crap of views you don't have."
"That's oddly kind of you." I smiled.
"Well, you're in blue, I'm allowed to be nice to you."

I patted his knee," And you were doing so well."
"Shut up." He smirked, taking an apple from his coat pocket.