Sentenced to Death

CHAPTER ELEVEN: Sentenced to Death

The Quaffle was tightly in my grip as I weaved through the Slytherin Defence.
We were up a hundred and twenty points if Cho could catch the snitch before Malfoy then we would win by a landslide.
Around us, the stadium was split into two colours, blue on one side and green on the other; large banners where made that hung off the side of the benches, some with bronzed eagles then on the other side a large Slytherin flag was being waved in the air.
The Hufflepuffs in the crowds where always half and half, some supported Ravenclaw others supported Slytherin – the only time they took a side was when Hufflepuff played. Gryffindor, on the other hand, was dressed with Ravenclaw banners and flags.
I smiled as I flew passed my brother, standing in the front row with Hadleigh, Isabelle, Padma, Seamus, Dean and Hermione.
Harry looked angry as he watched the game as he stood with Ron, at Christmas he received a firebolt anonymously; Hermione then reported it to Professor McGonagall which caused more tension in the group for a period of time. It's been cleared for dark magic so he can have it back but bloody hell was he pissy about it.

I honestly couldn't understand why he was acting that way; imagine what could've happened if  it was spelled; he could be dead or worse – St.Mungos.
You didn't hear Neville and I complain about Uncle Algie telling us how much of a disappointment we were for the holidays.

From the beginning of this match, it was strange; it was like the Slytherin team weren't trying. Throwing trick shots that never had enough power to go into the hoops, thumbing with the Quaffle during passes. Crabbe and Goyle just flew around, lazily hitting Bludgers around without having an aim.  Robb spent the beginning of the game trying to work out what their play was, but he couldn't work out Flint's Motives. Even Lee Jordan was confused during his commentating.

I darted passed Cassius Warrington, who had his arms stretched to knock me off my broom. Throwing the Quaffle in the air, I used the sticks of my broom to hit the Quaffle into the hoops; I watched as it threw the Slytherin chasers tried to catch it with no avail like the rest of the match– at the hoops, Miles Bletchley starfished; blocking the Quaffle. Their game plan was infuriating, you think there is an open chance to get the Quaffle from point A to B than at the last hurdle they rip it away from you.

Continuing from where the Quaffle was caught, I flew to the side of Graham Montague – from my other side Marcus Flint and Cassius Warrington came up; following the Hawkshead formation; to dodge I slipped around the side of the wooden pillars of the stadium, leaning forward to make up the speed.

"That's a Knuckleball from Graham Montague. Ten Points to Slytherin."

I whipped my forehead with my blue sleeve as we flew up and down the pitch; above me; Malfoys kept his eye on Flint as if he was waiting for something.
Following his gaze, I saw Flint move his hand in a circle; Malfoy moved from his position for the first time this match.

Robb looked confused at the action, cracking his neck as he hovered in place fixing his gloved.
With the position of the Quaffle, I bounced it between me and Roger, throwing a curveball in the direction of the third hoop; it bounced off the edge of the hoop rolling in by an inch.

"Another ten points by Celyn Longbottom with an assist from Roger Davis what a tac-team; clearly karma is hitting Slytherin in the f-"
"Jordan!" Professor McGonagall yells echoed through the monitors.
"The scorer is a hundred and thirty to twenty." Lee cheered," No chance those cheating B-"
"Jordan!"
Lee coughed," No way that fair playing Slytherin team can catch up now! Better?"

Bellow us, Malfoy and Cho were going neck and neck – Malfoy dropped down to the grass as Cho stayed level with her arm outstretched. Malfoy flew up in front of Cho, taking the Golden Snitch on his way up.