Panicking Gets us Nowhere.

CHAPTER NINETEEN: Panicking Gets us Nowhere

Laughter was caught in our throats as I chewed on an ice cube.
The deer antlers on the back wall over the fireplace had spring garlands hung off them like a fishing line. On the other side of the bar, Draco sat with Blaise, the two of them looking absolutely terrified as they read a letter between them. 
Looking over at them, they two of them tried to appear calm however the way they hunched over the bleached parchment and left their drinks to go cold – to them whatever was written was more important than a daily family update.

"Harry stop being a dolly daydream and live a little." Hadleigh smiled, throwing a grape in his face.
He looked up at her sharply," Well I'm sorry if I seem a little distracted lately."
"No need to snap," She rolled her eyes," I'm not even a hundred yards from you."
I cleared my throat," Well at least this will be over before school ends, it'll be nice to have a couple of calm weeks."
"Calm before the storm," Hadleigh muttered into her cup.
Casually, I kicked her in the shin; the two of us having a silent convocation across the desks.

"So, how are we all doing?" Hermione asked awkwardly," Celyn, how's you and Seamus?"
I nodded," Good I guess, not sure what we are right now but we'll see."
"Well you could start with his birthday," Hadleigh smirked.
"September 12th" I smirked," Come at me."
Ron looked between us," You two are strange."
"Strangely Amazing," Hadleigh smirked as we looped out pinkie fingers together.

Ron nodded slowly," Ok? Harry, are you ready for the 24th?"
"I guess." Harry's sharp gaze relaxed.
"Are there any hints to what he could be?" Hermione asked, giving me a side look.
"Moody said something about it being held at the Quidditch Pitch, he got annoyed as they were planting something wrong."
I bit the inside of my cheek, why couldn't Harry just listen to me, just once.
"Right, Moody," I mumbled, not looking up from my cup.
Harry looked at me," Not every teacher is going to try and kill us."
"Are we going to ignore that fact that, that is something we actually bloody consider?"  Ron.
Hermione shrugged," Better safe than sorry."
"Better alive than dead," I mumbled, crunching down on another cube of ice.

Leaving a tip on the table, Hadleigh and I walked together as the trio walked in a line. In front of Dogweed and Deathcap, Neville stood with Seamus and Dean a new plant in his hand as the boys ate the sweets from their bags.
As I passed with Hadleigh, I gave the three of them a wave, earning a bubble gum smile from Dean, the gum clinging to his teeth.
"Very classy," I called with a laugh.
Hadleigh had a similar smile on her face as she pulled me down the street by the crook of my arm.

We followed the winding paths pack to the school, on the opposite path was the carriages ferrying people back with so many bags you couldn't even count them.

Carrying Hadleigh on my back, she had one arm around my shoulders as the other waved around in the air. She was a peculiar one Hadleigh, she didn't care what people thought of her or the implications of her words; everyone deserves a friend like Hadleigh who make life interesting with there loud embarrassing ways.

As we reached the rickety bridge, Harry and Cedric shared a look as they walked past each other. Neither of them had a clue what was coming and for once both parties were in the dark about the last task.
"I'm going to go study," Hermione informed us.
Ron looked at her, "What are you studying for? we don't have any official exams."
"Just because we don't have official exams, we still have exams at the end of each year covering everything we have learned this year and previous years." Hermione sighed.
Hadleigh shrugged," What the hell, sure I'll come."
"I'll pick up Drizella then meet you there?"
Hermione nodded," If we are not then we are on the Quad."
"Which one?" I asked," The one by the willow or the one with the fountain?"
"Grassy one." Hermione clarified," Ron you coming?"
He nodded, "Sure, and erm,  Harry what about you?"