Whomping Willow

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Whomping Willow

Most of Easter had flown by, with one check-up from St. Mungo's (another scheduled in summer) and revising with Hadleigh and Isabelle – I'm surprised I slept at all. I felt different, more guarded – like I was properly seeing something for the first time. It was a feeling, I'd imagine, that was similar to being released from the imperious curse. However, it wasn't that.

I sat with Neville at lunch after a night of studying with Isabelle when Tallulah dropped a red letter in front of us.

Neville Longbottom

Gryffindor

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

He stood up, running out of the Great Hall with Gran's squealing voice trailing after him.
As I sipped my tea, Adrian slumped down in front of me - most game blues clearly getting to him.
We lost the cup.
Came Third on the tables because we won that one game, the score was higher than Hufflepuffs, though they didn't mind – the whole team was still chuffed they beat Gryffindor that one time.

"did you go to the game?" Adrian asked.
I shuck my head," Nope, Hadleigh and Michael did – they told me all about it."
"Never known McGonagall get so worked up about Quidditch." Adrian sighed," But Malfoy was wrong to grab the broom in the first place."
"Even though we all want to snap it in half because of bias," I added pouring another cup of tea.
Adrian sighed," Everyone is leaving this year, Robb is going out to try out for the Caerphilly Catapults."
"Caerphilly?" I almost spat out my tea," He's moving to Wales?"
Adrian nodded," Yep, he likes the cheese."
"Naturally." I grimaced
"How're the exams?"

I shrugged," Good, I have my last exam today which is Divination, I had Defence this morning with Lupin which was nice- didn't feel stressful at all."
"What time are ya needed?" Adrian picked up a cheese and onion sandwich from the pile.
"Three." I sighed," Neville was studying with me because Hadleigh is cooped up in the Library helping Michael Corner with Muggle Studies. He can wrap his head around a t.v."
Adrian laughed," Dang those magical devices."

A book slammed on to the table, looking over the rim of the teacup – Draco Malfoy sat looking a little stressed; his hair was a little messy and is tie was loose.
"What's got your wand in a knot?" I asked.
Adrian cleared his throat, tipping his head back to drink the rest of his tea – slapping my shoulder as he left.
"Help me."
I sighed," With what?"
"I don't get this." He said quietly." How do you do this?"
"Easily, I study." I lied smoothly.
He grumbled," Tell me your ways and I'll stop playing Beethoven."
"What is it that you don't get?" I asked, smiling at the terms of this agreement," You stare into a Chrystal ball and make something up if you don't see anything."
His head perked up," Is that how you get through class?"
"No, I genuinely see things so – it's more of a channelling thing so I can sleep." I shrugged looking back at my books.
Draco looked at me shocked, "You're a seer?"
"Not exactly – According to Dumbledore, if I go into such a deep sleep I accidentally travel into the beyond." I spoke a little dramatically," So he made me take divination; it's helped. I can sleep now which is nice, I don't dream anymore cause it's channelled into class but I do have an aptitude for the subject anyways."
"You're a Dreamwalker?"
I nodded," Does everyone know what a Dreamwalker is but me?"
"You ever walk someone else's dreams?" He asked
"Never thought to try." I said, a little intrigued by the idea," I would need a volunteer."
Draco shrugged," Maybe ask one of your Ravenclaw buddies as say it's for educational purposes?"

At two-thirty, Draco walked me up to my exam – he didn't walk away till I closed the hatch; four wonky nails holding a 'Science, Exam in Progress.' banner.