The Christmas Ball.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: The Christmas Ball.

(Small note: I did my best to research more into Padma and Parvati's attire in the chapter based off old friends and google so if any of it is slightly off, I'm sorry and please do correct me in the comments as I do not want to offend anyone)

Laughter was the only thing to come out of our dorm room.

Padma had gone to the Gryffindor Common room to get ready with her sister meaning Hermione could come here.  We had the dresses hung up on the beds, the three of us applying make-up that was gifted to us by Hadleigh and Hermione's mums.
Sitting in front of the mirror, I went for a silver shimmer and a nude lipstick – thinking that neutral colours would go with both colours of my eyes.

I switched places with Hermione so Hadleigh and I could pin her hair up into a bun with a few pieces hanging around her face, a few curls that went over her shoulder and small hair gems that matched her earrings. From the other dorm, we borrowed Mandy's bottle of Sleekeazy's Hair Potion to get Hermione's usual frizzy hair straight enough to style.

Slipping into my dress, Hadleigh zipped up the back for mine as I did for her then I zipped up Hermione's as Hadleigh put her on her shoes.
"What is that?" Hadleigh pointed to my ankle as Hermione added the last pin to my head,
I shrugged," What's what?"
"The anklet." Hadleigh asked," you normally wear boots, so I never seen it."
I cleared my throat," I was a Christmas gift, two years ago."
"From who?" Hermione asked, passing me my shoes.
"Dr-ihfdg."
Hermione raised an eyebrow, "Who?"
"Draco Malfoy?"
Hermione almost died.
"I'd like to point out, Ravenclaws and Slytherins do get along." I justified it, fastening my shoes and adding two silver studs in each ear. 
Hermione shrugged," Houses are different though, so I can't really judge, is there a house you don't get along with?"
"Hufflepuff." We answered together.

Finishing Hadleigh's low ponytail by wrapping the spare hair around the bobble, we curled the ends to give it a little more volume.  Drizella looked sad as the three of us took photos before we went downstairs.
Taking out a box, I sat in front of my dog – opening it slowly; her face lit up when I put a tiara on her head.
"Better?" I asked, scratching the back of her ear," I'll be back soon and I'll sneak out some fresh meats."

In the common room, Adrian was helping Jack with this tie and several others were plotting to spike the drinks bowl.
"Looking good Ryan."
He smirked," Feeling good, Cellie."

"This place is amazing." Hermione gasped at the ceiling as it changed.
She had seen it earlier, but the paint had gotten darker to match the night sky and the stars shimmered as stars did. When the replaced the roof, they added in a moon chart in the middle of the dome roof to match the Luna Cycle. Her eyes landed on the books, her hands skimming over the spins.
Grabbing on to her hand we pulled her away from the floor to ceiling bookcases that were behind the statue of Rowena Ravenclaw.

"Where are you meeting Seamus?" Hermione asked, holding the door
"Outside the Great Hall by the steps," I told her, holding my skirts as we went down the spiral stairs.
Hadleigh shrugged," I'm not meeting anyone because I don't have a date."
I put an arm around her," We'll dance with you at least once."
At the bottom, we took the stationary stairs – several others had taken this way to avoid the missing step on the Moving Staircase. Going down arm in arm, Hermione looked terrified, the notion of dancing first was slowly becoming a reality for her.
Reaching the flight of stairs, Hermione stopped, her arm sliding from mine and Hadleigh's
"You ok?" I asked, walking back towards her.
She nodded," You two go on, I just need a second."
Hadleigh nodded," Ok, we will stay at the bottom till you come down."
She nodded, giving us both reassuring smiles.