Chapter 26

I have a feeling that this is going to be a short chapter...but enjoy!  Thanks for the votes, comments, and support!

******************************************************************************************************************

“Hi.” Kayla heard Scott say from behind her.  She turned slowly from where she was packing her last few things before she headed home.

“Hi” Kayla said and then she smiled as Scott stepped to her and gently kissed her on the forehead.

It was the last few hours Kayla had in the city before she would head home.  Now wrapped up in Scott’s big hug she felt she never wanted to leave.  The week had been absolutely perfect, almost better than cloud nine.  Together they had spent the days doing various activities.  Walking the streets of the city, cooking meals for the homeless, hiking through the mountains a few hours from the city were just some of the few things they had done.  Then each night they would head back to Kayla’s apartment where Kayla, Emma, and Scott would prepare dinner and stay up late into the evening talking.  The perfect days were now about to end.

“I wanted to say goodbye before you took off.”  Scott whispered into Kayla’s ear as she pulled her closer.

Kayla nuzzled her head into Scott’s chest and breathed in his cologne.  “I don’t want to go.”  She mumbled.

“I’ll be with you as soon as I can get away from here.”  Scott reassured.  He tucked his gingers under Kayla’s chin and lifted her head to his face. He was smiling.  He then stepped back and let Kayla continue her packing.

**********************************************************************

It happened too quickly.  One moment Kayla was wrapped in his arms and the next she was gone…home.  Now, sitting alone on a park bench Scott felt as if something was missing from his life.

“Is this seat taken?”  A woman’s voice asked from behind Scott.

Scott turned to find Tori standing coolly behind him.  Her skinny arms were folded tightly across her chest, her blonde hair fluttered in the wind.  She looked oddly out of place standing in the park.

“I was just going.”  Scott said as he stood to leave.

Tori firmly pressed her hands on Scott’s shoulders and slithered up behind him until her chin rested on Scott’s shoulder.

“We need to talk.” Tori whispered into his ear.  Her breath made Scott shiver.

She pressed his shoulders and reluctantly Scott sat back down.  Tori was right, they needed to talk.  She glided over to the empty seat next to Scott and gracefully sat down.

Scott leaned forward and rested his head on his hands.  “I know I overacted the other day.”  Tori admitted.

Scott reminded quiet as Tori gently touched Scott’s back with her thin little hand.  He didn’t move either.

“She was quite the charmer.”  Tori added swiftly as she began to trail her hand up and down Scott’s spine.  He tired to hold back another shiver.

“I can see how you’d get confused.  I forgive you Scott.”  Tori whispered into Scott’s ear.  She was now bending over too; her face was right next to his face.

Quickly Scott sat up.  Tori raised herself to his level and leaned an arm on his shoulder so she could play with the tuffs of hair that fell around Scott’s ear.  She leaned in close to kiss his cheek.

But Scott wasn’t going to allow it.  He abruptly stood and looked down at the startled Tori.  “I’ve told you once Tori…it’s over.  How many more times do I have to spell it out to you before it gets through to you?”  He shot at her.  It was harsh but she wouldn’t let the issue drop.