Chapter 5

Hi ya'll!!!  I really feel like I'm talking to myself.  Maybe you should prove me wrong and comment or vote... I don't know, just a suggestion.  My writing may not be the best but if you find this book boring right now I'm pretty sure it's going to get better....pretty sure.    :)  Mr. Smiley face wants you to vote, so why not push it right now.

**************************************************************************************************************

Scott stared at the teenage boy in disbelief?  Why was he here again?  Where was the woman?  It was seven thirty in the morning; it was too early for a teenager to be working.

“You again?” The boy said as he snapped his phone shut and shoved it in his pocket.  Scott had a feeling cell phones weren’t allowed while working but he decided against voicing his opinions.

“Is your sister in?” Scott asked as he glanced around the store.  It was absolutely impossible to see from one side of the store to other because of the large amount of shelves and trinkets that littered the store.  Scott couldn’t understand how anyone would like to work, or own, such a place.

“Not yet.” The boy answered.

“She said she’d hold a mirror for me.” Scott briskly said.  “I’ve already paid for it.  Do you know what which one I’m talking about?”  Scott asked as if he were talking to a small child.

The boy didn’t seem to appreciate Scott’s tone but gestured towards a mirror behind the desk.  “I’m going to need some proof of purchase.” He challenged.

Scott started to rummage through his pockets for the receipt he was sure he’d grabbed on the way out.  The teen just stared at him with a smug smile on his slightly pimpled face.  “I’ve seemed to misplace the receipt.”  Scott tried to chuckle but the boy just looked bored.  “Your sister knows I’ve paid for it.”  He added.

The teenager squinted his eyes.  “Dude, I’ve told you she’s not here.  If you want the mirror I’m going to have to see that you’ve paid for it.”

Scott was taken aback by the fact that he’d just been called dude.  No one had ever called him dude…ever.  “When will she be in?” Scott finally asked.  He was doing everything within his control not to loose it with the know-it-all.  It was the question he’d been dying to ask since he’d entered the store.  Maybe it was a good thing that he couldn’t find his receipt.  Even though he knew that the woman wasn’t interested in him he secretly felt he could wear her down little bit by little bit.

“Probably noon.” The boy casually answered.  Scott didn’t know what the boy was saying.

“Noon?” Scott asked.

“Yeah…she’ll be in at noon.” The boy rolled his eyes and pulled out a stick of gum from behind the counter.  The look the boy gave him was duh.

 “I’ll be back then.”  Scott said as he backed away from the counter and then headed out to his car.

As Scott was about to get in his car he saw it sitting on the seat…the receipt.  He could go back in and prove to the arrogant brat on the other side of the window that he really had purchased the mirror…or he could just wait so he could see the woman again.

He decided to wait for the woman.  A shiver ran though Scott’s body as started his car and drove to his home.  There was something about the woman that Scott was attracted to.  No, she didn’t dress in the nicest of clothes and no, she didn’t spend a lot of time on her hair and makeup.  But the simple beauty of the woman was what Scott found so attractive.  It was almost as if she wasn’t trying to make herself into someone different.  She was the same person through and through.