Chapter 15 Part 1

Coral laughed obnoxiously as Emma practically acted out the night when she and Tom had met.  Kayla counted the seconds that passed and secretly prayed the night would end.

“And then he came over and was like, ‘Hey baby, how ‘bout we hand out some time.’ And my heart almost melted.”  Emma snuggled closer to Tom and Coral sighed.

“I wish I had a romantic story like that.”  Coral announced.

The night was getting late.  It was already eleven…very close to midnight.  Coral had insisted on inviting Tom and Emma over for dinner, despite the fact that neither Coral nor Kayla had money to spend on a dinner.

The week had been a long one.  Emma and Tom were leaving early the next morning.  Kayla still hadn’t decided if she would follow Emma to her home or if she would stay here and fuss over her store.  There was a certain excitement that hovered around the thought of a vacation but there was also the fact that vacations could get a little stressful…especially ones spent with a sister who seemed a little distracted by the hubbub of life.

“So have you made up your mind yet?  Are you going to take care of my little princess while I’m away?”  Tom asked through a mouthful of potatoes.  He had a bad habit of talking with his mouth full.

“I still haven’t decided.”  Kayla said.

“What!  Emma’s leaving tomorrow morning.  How will you pack in time if you decide to go?”  Coral asked.  Emma gave Kayla her puppy dog eyes; apparently she wanted Kayla to join her.

“You gotta take care of my girl.”  Tom added.

“I don’t want to be all alone.”  Emma pleaded.

“I really need a break from you.”  Coral mumbled.

So it was decided.  Kayla was going on vacation.  Tom wouldn’t have to worry about his girl, Emma wouldn’t be alone and Coral…Coral would have a vacation as well!

*********************************************************************

The morning came too early.  Tom and Emma hadn’t left Kayla’s house until one and Kayla had packed until two thirty in the morning.  Now at five thirty Kayla’s eyes refused to open.  Why Emma had decided to leave so early was beyond Kayla’s comprehension.  Especially since Emma had a habit of waking up around noon everyday.

Finally, with all the determination she could muster, Kayla roused herself enough to get dressed and brush her teeth.  Her bags were sitting by the door for a quick getaway and her breakfast consisted of a glass of milk and a banana.  Coral didn’t bother saying goodbye; she was still sleeping and snoring rather loudly.

It wasn’t long before Emma and Kayla were on the road and heading towards Emma’s apartment.  The drive would be long, all day to be exact, but Kayla was okay with that.  It gave her time to catch up on her sister.

****************************************************************************************************************

Yeah, I know, short right?  I'm sorry....don't be mad!  I'm just not in the mood to write but I figured this was better than nothing.  I haven't even read through it yet so if there are a ton of mistakes (or more than normal) I'm sorry. 

QUESTION!!!!!!

(One you don't have to answer if you don't want to...just think about it) and one you DO have to answer.  (Realize the emphasis I put on the word DO)

1- Whose cruel idea was it to put an 'S' in the word LISP?

2- What color are the walls?  (Your walls to be exact)

MY ANSWER!! The color of my walls...they are kind of this yellowish, off white color.  But I have this awesome wallpaper that looks like draped fabric.  It's the boarder around the top of the walls.  So my room isn't totally boring!