Chapter 7

Hello!  I just want to say a quick Thanks!!!!  to everyone who is reading this.  If you made it to chapter 7 why don't you just let me know your impressions so far.   :) 

Thanks to those who have left comments.  I really appreciate it.

Comment and Vote!!!!

**************************************************************************************************************

Scott was sitting on the veranda that wrapped around the old newly remolded house.  He was enjoying the view of the freshly manicured lawn.  Although he tried his best to feel happy about the new and improved house Kayla’s words kept coming back to him.  Do you honestly think we want to see how you’ve destroyed the place? Is what she had blatantly told him, and right in front of her mother of all people.

Truth be told, Scott never thought about the effect it would have on those who loved the home before he’d moved in.  But then again, it didn’t really matter to Scott that she was upset by his presence.  If she was upset that meant he’d wormed his way into her life somehow.  She was stubborn, yes, but Scott was dedicated to cracking her shell, if only a little.

After settling the issue of Kayla in his mind he moved on to the important night…Friday.  It was then that he would be able to invite Kayla into his home and show her what kind of man he really was.  Wealthy, charming, good looking.  Those were just a few of his good qualities.  Kayla would fall in love with him instantly once she saw him in his home.  Now, what was he going to serve? 

He’d of course have something catered.  Scott wasn’t even sure if he knew how to cook.  He hadn’t yet hired a cook for himself and frozen food was not an acceptable dinner for company.  There was no big catering company in town so he’d have to order out.  He’d of course go all out.  It’d be as if they were dining in a five star restaurant.

Scott’s daydreams were interrupted by his interior designer’s fake accent.  She had come back to make a few final touches.  “Mr. Emery!” She shouted from the house again.  Scott got up and entered the house, dreading what would come next.

“Mr. Emery I am done.”  The woman said with a small bow.  She was very dramatic. 

“That’s very good.” Scott said.  He was unsure of how to act around the woman.  She was done and Scott was glad, he’d never see her again.  He could now focus on convincing Kayla that she needed to come to his house for dinner.

*********************************************************************

Coral was sitting on the front desk next to the cash register painting her nails. Even though it annoyed Kayla like crazy she let her do it.  Kayla had finally convinced Coral to come to the store.  Kayla was convinced that Scott would show up and she could use Coral as a shield to protect herself.  Cruel but necessary.

By noon it was obvious that Coral had better things to do.  “When is Mr. Stalker going to be here?”  She whined as she looked out the front window.

When he comes I want you to talk to him.  I’ll just be in the back room…you know, listening.”  Kayla announced for the hundredth time.

“I wish I had a stalker.  Life would be so much more interesting.”  Coral sighed.

Scott wasn’t really stalking Kayla but she liked to say he was her stalker.  It made it sound like Scott was a problem and Kayla liked to keep him categorized that way.

“Oh, a Porsche.  You know…I always wanted one of those.”  Coral said.  She was still looking out the window.

Kayla froze as Coral went on and on about the Porsche that was parked in front of the store.  Only one person she knew owned a Porsche…Scott.  “That’s him!  That’s him!”  Kayla said suddenly as she ran around the room like a crazy woman.