Chapter 21

Like most of my chapters I didn't read through this.  I've decided to just get the rest of the story posted and then I'll later go through and edit things...bear with me.

*******************************************************************************************************************

Kayla blushed as she watched Scott’s eyes almost pop out of his head.  Although she hadn’t spent a lot of time getting ready she had actually done her hair and applied some makeup.  She wasn’t wearing anything special just a lacy white cardigan over a powdery baby blue V-neck shirt.  She wasn’t even sure the navy blue and white flowered skirt matched her top but it was the best she had with her at the moment.

“You look amazing.”  Scott said in an almost breathless manner.

Kayla’s emotions soared.  On one hand she was flattered but on the other she remembered Tori’s warning.  Was he just trying to make her feel special?

“You don’t look too shabby either.”  Kayla teased.  Scott was wearing his same expensive attire, a nice pair of slacks; a dressy yet laid back sort of shirt…his hair was perfectly in place.

Scott escorted Kayla to his car.  When he let her in a large bouquet of red roses sat on her seat.

“I hope you like roses.”  Scott said sheepishly.

“I love them.”  Kayla almost gushed with joy.  If the night ended right there it would be perfect.  For a brief second Kayla forgot all her concerns.

Scott swooped the roses up and placed them in Kayla’s outstretched arms.  Twenty four red delicate roses.  “Thank you so much Scott.”

Kayla walked back to the apartment, at Scott’s request, and put the roses in water.  Emma sat at the table in a glum mood but didn’t say anything as she eyed Kayla.  Kayla couldn’t decide if Emma really believed Tori or if she thought Tori was ridiculous.  If Scott wasn’t waiting in the car for Kayla she would stay and ask Emma what to think about it all.

A few minutes later, however, Kayla was being whisked away in Scott’s car towards wherever Scott had decided to take her.

*********************************************************************

Feeling more nervous than usual Scott stared at the road and only watched Kayla thorugh his peripheral vision.  She seemed rather calm and possibly a little distracted.  He couldn’t believe she was willingly sitting in his car.  He smiled but couldn’t think of a word to say to her until several minutes had passed.

“I’m not quite sure what we’ll do tonight.”  He finally admitted.  He had an idea but unlike all the other dates he’d been on he thought Kayla might want to have a say.

“I don’t really know what to do in the city.”  Kayla admitted.

That’s right, he had forgotten, she wasn’t from the city.  “Maybe dinner?”  Scott suggested.

“That sounds good, I’m quite hungry actually.”  Kayla answered.

Scott drove towards a high class yet simple café.  He kept in mind that neither of them were dressed for a five star restaurant.  Maybe when they were done eating he could take her out to buy her something really nice like a dress, or a piece of jewelry, or possibly a nice bottle of perfume.

When they arrived at Chloe’s Corner Café Scott was happy to find that not a lot of people were dining there.  He directed her in and they waited in a small line of people before they were shown to their seats.  They were both handed a menu and left to decide on what to eat.