Chapter 15 Part 2

I'm sorry, I didn't read this through so if there are more mistakes than my normal ones I'm really sorry.  But you can still comment, vote, fan, and add this story it your library so you know when I upload more!

***************************************************************************************************************

The city.  It’s a daunting view at first.  High rise buildings, people bustling around as if their life depended on how fast their feet could get them somewhere.  Taxi crammed streets, million dollar shopping sprees, and a small patch of green that seems to beckon the small town city folks. 

“I can’t believe you’ve chosen to live here.”  Kayla announced to her sister as they strolled down the sidewalk.  They were window shopping.  After arriving and dropping Kayla’s stuff off at Emma’s place Emma declared they were going window shopping and then they were having lunch.

“I like it.  I can’t believe anyone can stay in small town USA.  I almost died going back there for a week.”  Emma said as she peered into a window at a dress that was probably both the girl’s paychecks combined…for the month.

“It’s not all that bad.”  Kayla interjected.  Emma raised her eyebrows and rolled her eyes.

“Well, I’m getting hungry, how about we hit my favorite place in the world to eat?”  Emma asked.

“Let me guess?  This place doesn’t serve meat but salads.  Oh, and let’s not forget that everything is organic.”  Kayla said as she followed her sister down the street.

“You’re right!  But don’t worry, they’ve got this really good tofu dish that is do die for!   If you close your eyes and think really hard you can almost pass it off as chicken.”  Emma answered.

“I doubt it.”  Kayla mumbled as they came to Tofu n’ Rice, a quaint but busy café on a street corner. 

“How many vegans live in this city?”  Kayla asked as the two of them tried to push their way through a crowd of people who were waiting for their food.  There was no way once Kayla and Emma had their food they would be able to find a table to sit down.

“Not everyone here is a vegan but everyone here has good taste.” Emma practically yelled above the throng of people.

“Maybe if we came back at another time?”  Kayla shouted at the top of her lungs.  As Emma and Kayla pressed through the crowd of people the noise was almost unbearable.  There were hundreds, if not more, of people trying to get their food, Kayla couldn’t understand how anyone was served their order in the mess.

“It’s always this busy.  It’s part of the experience.”  Emma said as she latched onto Kayla’s arm and pushed her way through a group of teens who were munching on something that looked very…fresh.

Finally Emma and Kayla reached the counter.  The noise had died down a bit but Kayla felt the push of the crowd behind her back.  This was one experience she could live without.

A man wearing a neat white apron stared expectantly at Kayla and Emma.  Emma ordered a few different items and then pulled Kayla away from the counter to a corner that for some reason was unoccupied.  Emma pulled out her phone and started to text someone, this left Kayla alone.

Kayla glanced through the crowd of people.  There were so many people it was hard to tell where one person began and one person ended.  It reminded Kayla of an ant hill…so much movement, so much crowding.  It so far was not an enjoyable experience.

“How do we know when our food is done?”  Kayla yelled to Emma.

Emma gestured to a screen that Kayla had somehow missed seeing.  Every few seconds the screen would flash a number and a group of people would rush to the counter and collect the preciously wrapped food.