Chapter 20

HI!!!  Wow it's been some time since I've uploaded BUT I have great news!  While camping I finished the story so now I just have to type it all up (since it's all written out on notebook paper)  It's taking longer than I thought it would but it's coming along.  :)  Comment, Vote, Fan...etc!

And I did not...DID NOT...proofread.  in my notebook it's written out all nicely but when I type stuff I mess up A LOT!!!  Sorry...hehe. 

*****************************************************************************************************************

“What happened?”  Emma demanded when Kayla entered the apartment.  Kayla quickly wiped off the dreamy look she had plastered on her face and scowled at her sister.

“How dare you?”  Kayla accused but she couldn’t keep the smile from slowly inching back onto her face.  She blushed slightly and fidgeted with her fingers.

“What happened?”  Emma asked again, only this time she stood from the couch and walked to her sister in happy anticipation.

Kayla blushed and looked nervously at her feet.  “Tell me!”  Emma insisted as she bounced up and down happily.

“I think he likes me.”  Kayla finally professed.

Emma let out a little squeal and grabbed at Kayla’s arm.  “What happened?”  She asked again.

Kayla recounted what had just happened in the park.  “And then he kissed the top of my head.”  Kayla said.  Even though the worlds sounded a bit cheesy, especially coming from hr, Kayla’s stomach flipped and flopped excitedly as she remembered Scott’s lips pressed firmly against her head.  It felt like a dream, a very good dream.

“And that’s it?”  Emma pressed fro more. 

Kayla realized she had gone silent.  “He told me he wanted to see me tonight.”  Kayla admitted.

Emma squealed again and started to dance around the room.  Her laughter didn’t seem to fit the dark persona she was trying to portray but she looked like her old self again.

“Wait.”  Emma spat out.  She froze almost in place and then slowly turned towards Kayla.  Kayla could see that Emma was concerned about something but what, she wasn’t quite sure.

“What about the blonde girl?”  Emma asked.  Kayla could feel her heart sink as she thought about the beautiful blonde that had been glued to Scott’s side almost every time she’d seen him.

“Maybe she’s his sister?”  Kayla suggested halfheartedly.

Emma shot her a look of doubt.  “That’s highly unlikely.”  She stated.

I’ll ask him tonight.”  Kayla shrugged.  “It’s probably nothing.”  Even though Kayla had heard herself saying the words she didn’t’ believe them.  Dread had replaced the joy, worry the excitement, and the old doubts she felt for Scott slowly crept back up into her soul.  Could she really open the pathway to her heart?  What if he just broke her heart like Todd did?

****************************************************************************************************************

Scott sat outside the gate that surrounded Tori’s house.  He had to break of their…relationship, not that they really had one.  As far as Scott was concerned their relationship was very much one-sided.

He knew that Tori wasn’t expecting to ever break off their “togetherness.”  Scott had even heard rumors that Tori had already told her friends that they were going to get married.  Where she had gotten that idea Scott didn’t know, he certainly hadn’t implied it.