Chapter 11

Chapter 11;

The rest of the day carried on like normal. Except, I didn't see Clark or Austin the entire day. I guess I was glad that I didn't see Austin, but apart of me still yearned for him and I didn't know why.

I was riding the bus home after school, and I was soon greeted by my little brother once I entered the door. He had a suspicious look on his face, like he knew something. I raised my eyebrow at him as he crossed his arms, blocking the stairs with his body.

"Get out of my way, kid," I mumbled, trying to push past him.

"I know," he said.

"You know what?"

"That you left the house in the middle of the night without mom and dad knowing," Trent smiled evilly.

Shit. I didn't think he was up. I made sure nobody was awake.... "I don't know what you're talking about," I scoffed.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Don't play dumb with me. I now have something over you, and I'm not going to let you get away with it,"

"What will it take for you to keep your mouth shut?"

Trent started thinking. He looked around the house and then up the stairs. He soon started smiling at me and it creeped me out. "You have to clean my room for a month!"

"Fine, whatever,"

Trent moved out of my way, and watched me as I climbed up the stairs. I was in my room finally, and I plopped down on my bed. I groaned as my phone started vibrating. I grabbed my phone, and saw that I had 12 new text messages. 10 were from Austin, 1 was from my parents, and the other one was from Layne...

I haven't talked to him in a few days and I haven't seen him at school either. I ignored all my other messages and opened the one from Layne.

'We need to talk.' was all it said.

I gulped and started thinking about what it could mean. I looked out my window, and stared at Laynes house. It looked old, and didn't even look like it was being lived in. I glanced back down at my phone, and then back at the window again to be greeted by Laynes face.

I almost started to scream when I saw him. He smiled at me, and asked me to open the window. I regained my composure, and unlocked the window. Once I opened it, he climbed into my room, and closed the window.

He turned around to face me and he still looked at beautiful as ever. His eyes were soft and weren't slits this time, his hair was light and looked fluffy and soft, and his features weren't as hard. He didn't look like a killer to me. He looked like an ordinary person.

"You scared the hell out of me..." I murmured, turning on my lamp.

He chuckled to himself. "Sorry, princess,"

"What do you want?"

"Did you not get my text?"

"I did,"

"Well then that's what I want,"

Layne started walking around my room, touching everything in sight. He ran his fingers across my desk, and picked up a few pictures of me from when I was little. He glanced back at me, and set the pictures down.

"Then come out with it. I don't have all day and I don't want my parents or brother knowing you're here,"

"You don't have to worry about them,"

"What do you mean?"

"I took care of it, sweets. But other than your parents, why the hell were you out last night?"

"How did you know?"

"I saw you leave. Now tell me, why were you out? Especially during demon hour?"

"Why do you care? Vampires don't have feelings,"

He glared at me with such intensity. "Shut the fuck up. You don't know anything about vampires,"

"Whatever,"

He gritted his teeth together and clenched his fists. He was getting mad, and honestly, I was enjoying this. "Why were you out, and I'm only gonna ask you this once,"

"Unless you tell me why you care, then you're not getting word out of me,"

"Fine, fuck it. I'm just trying to help you, and you're being stupid. Don't say I didn't warn you,"

"Layne," he hissed at the name. "Why do you care so much? Honestly, if you just told me things, maybe I would tell you things,"

"Why do you need to know so bad?"

"I could ask you the same thing,"

He fell silent and his face became hard. I could tell he was thinking because of the look on his face. It was kinda cute, actually. Layne looked at me again, and his eyes were slits.

"I need to know because if you were out with Austin, I want to know. He's bad news, and he could've killed you. Now tell me, were you out with him?"

"Why? What are you going to do to him?"

He smirked. "Kill that soul eater. He doesn't deserve to be on the planet,"

No... He couldn't kill Austin. What would I do if he died? I need him and

Austin needs me.... What am I thinking?! Austin tried to kill me, and I barely made it out alive last night. Maybe killing him is the best thing and I should tell Layne...

"Don't kill him...." what? That's not what I wanted to say!

Laynes face became angered. "So you were out with him?! Cadence, he could've fucking killed you!"

"He loves me..." what the fuck? The words coming out of my mouth weren't mine. Austin didn't love me, he loved my soul.

"You think that demon has feelings? Ha! How amusing,"

"And I love him..." No no no! Why can't I control what comes out of my mouth?

By now, Layne was enraged. I couldn't tell him the actual truth because I can't control what I say anymore. I don't know why.

"Layne..." I managed to get out, before he started coming towards me at a rapid pace. I was backed into the wall of my room, and Layne had both of his arms trap me in one spot. I was looking into his eyes, and they were still beautiful. Even if they were slits.

I was scared of what he might do. I can't tell him what I actually wanted to say even when I wanted to. Laynes face came closer to mine and I shut my eyes, not knowing what to expect. I soon felt Laynes soft lips on mine, and I was surprised. I thought he was going to kill me. I started kissing back, but it was soon over because he backed away from me.

"Demon," he muttered, wiping his lips.

"How did you-"

"You taste like it. He's made his mark on you, and that's why you don't want me to kill him. Once I do, you won't feel any sort of connection to him. You'll be free to love anyone else..." he stopped. "and I do mean anyone,"

He opened my window and jumped out, and then he was gone.

Authors Note; sorry that this chapter is bad.. What do you guys think? I think I'm going to ask you guys to think of your own character you wanna see in this story. I am only going to the one I find most interesting and one that relates most to this story! I need to know...

1. The name

2. Supernatural being? If so, what kind?

3. Girl or boy?

4. Looks?

5. Personality?

Have fun!