Sixteen

Minji

"Don't worry too much about me," aunt Isabelle held my hand and her other hand touches my cheek. "I'll stay at my friend's place. I'll be safe there."

I hug her tight and heavily sighed. "Please do text me from time to time."

"All your things are already in the car," Myungsoo said as he stood beside me and held my waist. Aunt Isabelle looks at me with her watery eyes and it breaks my heart.

"Please take really good care of her, Myungsoo. I'm relying on you," she told Myungsoo and Myungsoo nodded.

"Off you go now," she said. I bit my lips to prevent my tears from falling. In my one two weeks stay in here I felt really close to aunt Isabelle. I made this decision for us. Especially for her safety.

"Be safe, Isabelle," Myungsoo said and guided me to the car. As Myungsoo starts to drive away from our home, I stare outside of my window to see aunt Isabelle until her image fades away as we drove further. I heaved a sigh and felt a hand on my lap.

"She'll be fine," Myungsoo said. "I'll make sure to keep her safe."

I nodded at what he said. Even though I know that Myungsoo will keep his promise to keep auntie safe, I can't help not to feel at uneasy. Why does this creature want me? What does he want from me?

"How about school?" I ask as I suddenly remember about it.

"We'll still attend school," he said while focused on the road. "You'll still live normally."

I stare at him and wonder. If I didn't meet him, what will my life be like now? I think I'll still be the boring and pathetic Minji before. Even though my life is in danger now, I still feel happy that I met Myungsoo.

"Babe, staring at my face won't solve our problems," he chuckled. He held my hand that is on my lap and squeeze it. "What's wrong?"

I stare at our hands on my lap. "Nothing. Just wondering what will my life be without you." I look at him again and realize that he's staring at me. "Don't leave me, Myungsoo."

He gave me a warm smile and touches my cheek. "Being apart from you even just for a second makes me go crazy, Minji. It's suffocating without you." His smile fades and is replaced by seriousness. "I won't leave you, Minji. I will never leave you."

I close my eyes and touch his hand on my cheek. I've never felt this secured before. I've never felt this kind of feeling to anyone before. He's my first at everything. He'll be my first at everything.

Myungsoo kept on driving at the side of the road and I have no idea where we are right now. He made a lot of turns and after a few moments, a place took shape. I can see rides such as Ferris wheel, roller coaster, merry go round and the likes but it seems like this place is already abandoned.

He pulled over at a vacant lot and I gave him a quizzical look. "What are we doing here?" I asked.

He shut the engine off and took his seat belt off. He hopped out of the car and opened the door for me. "Come. Let me show you our home." The way he said it makes me feel like we are a newly wedded couple.

Aigoo~ get a hold of yourself, Minji! Your life is already in danger and that's what you are thinking right now?!

"But this place is...empty," I said as I hopped out of the car. I heard him chuckle.

"Come," he held my hand and guided me to somewhere I have no idea.

"Why can't we just stay at your house in the woods?" I ask as we are walking.