Ten

Minji

My eyes flutter open and my room took shape. I sat up with a smile, remembering what just happened yesterday. I don't know how, it's just that everything happened so fast. I'm starting to like him. I'm starting to like the the jerk I hated so much. Ironic, isn't it?

I hanged my feet at the edge of my bed and check the time on the old fashioned clock sitting on my bedside table. It's already 5:45 and I need to prepare for school.

I found a note sticking on the table. Window. I immediately run to the window and open it. There he is, leaning on his car. He gave me a warm smile and I immediately prepare myself to go to school. Going to school with him suddenly makes me feel giddy.

Before going down, I did not forget to wear the charm necklace Myungsoo gave me. I went down all the way out of the house to meet him.

"Did you wait long?" I ask. He steps closer and kiss my forehead.

"Not much," he smiles as he leans his forehead on mine. "Don't you feel cold? Where's your jacket?"

"Who is it, Minji?" I jump at Aunt Isabelle's voice. Crap! I totally forgot about her. I turn to face her and is about to speak when Myungsoo spoke.

"Good morning, Mrs. Song," he politely greet her.

"Myungsoo?" Her eyes widen upon seeing him. I crease my eyebrows and exchange my glances between the both of them.

"You know each other?" I ask. He just gave me a smile.

"Go get your jacket," he whispered in my ear and kiss my temple after. Even though I am baffled at what's happening, I still obeyed him and went inside the house. I glance at them and saw Aunt Isabelle approach him. Though I'm curious of their conversation, I chose not to listen and hurried to get to my room to get my jacket.

As I am approaching the screen of our front door, I heard Aunt Isabelle raise her voice. "Not my niece, Myungsoo! I won't allow you to have any relationship with my niece!"

"It's not what you think, Isabelle. I won't hurt her," Myungsoo said and from the tone of his voice, it seems like he's persuading her. Why did he call my aunt just with her first name? And how did they know each other?

I went out of the house and as soon as they heard the tud of my shoes on the wooden platform, both of them look at me. Aunt Isabelle walks towards the house.

"Both of you must go now. You might be late for school," she said. I walk towards Myungsoo and he held my hand.

"We'll get going now, Mrs Song," he said and opened the car door for me. Before I could hop in the car, I glance at auntie and saw worry in her eyes. Is there something which aunt Isabelle know about Myungsoo? Does she know about his real identity?

The drive to school is very silent. I'm still wondering how did my aunt know Myungsoo? Why did Myungsoo just call my aunt in her first name?

"Why are you looking at me that way?" He asks and that is when I realized that I've been staring at him.

"Can't you read my mind now?" I ask.

"I promised you that I won't read your mind anymore," he chuckles. "Come on, spill it out." So he's keeping his promise. It somehow made me happy knowing that he does what I say.

"How did you know my aunt?" I ask. He looks at me and just gave me that smile I can't resist.

"I think it's better if your aunt will tell you about it," he said.

"Then why did you call my aunt with just her first name?" I insisted in getting information from him.

"We're here," he said and did not mind my question. He pulled over at the parking lot.

"Come on, tell me!" I insisted when he did not answer. He faced me and chuckle.

"You really are a stubborn girl, aren't you?" He continues chuckling. "I call her by her first name because I am older than her."

"You are?" My eyes widen which made him laugh.

"Yep. Way older," he pinches my nose. "What do you expect? I'm a vampire."

"Then how did you know my aunt?" I asked again. He gave me a disbelief laugh.

"You won't drop the subject, will you?" He asked and I shook my head.

"You will have the answers to your questions once you ask Isabelle," he said and touch the tip of my nose. I pout at him.

"Don't do that. I might do something with that lips of yours," he said and smirk. I immediately pressed my lips in a thin line which made him laugh again.

"Come on, I know you haven't eaten breakfast. Let's drop by the cafeteria before I drop you off to your class," he said and kiss my knuckles before going out of the car. It send me thousands of butterfly in my stomach and I want it to remain that way. This is my first time to be treated this way and it feels so nice.

Myungsoo opened the car for me and intertwined our fingers as soon as I hop out of the car. Eyes immediately darted on us.

"They're staring at us," I whispered to Myungsoo.

He pulled me closer and bring my bag for me. "Let them. It's probably because this is their first time seeing a perfect couple," he smirks.

"So we're in a relationship now?" I teased.

"Aren't we? I'm hurt," he pretends like he's really hurt by holding his chest. I laugh at his actions.

We continue our way to the cafeteria and I am now thinking that we shouldn't have come in the first place. His friends including Sungyeol is sitting on the far end of the cafeteria while Mika and Miko are sitting on our usual spot. Both groups are staring at us like we did a very dreadful sin.

"I'm not really hungry," I said and pulled him out of the cafeteria but he did not budge.

"We're already here. Let's get you something to eat," he smiles like assuring me that everything is alright.

We sat at the other side of the cafeteria. Students passing our direction looks at us then whisper with each other. "I'll just get you something to eat." I am cut from my thoughts when I heard Myungsoo speaks. He smiles and kiss the temple of my head.

I am now left alone. I look around and everybody's eyes are on me. What's wrong with these people? They stare at me like I committed a crime. I sighed and patiently wait for Myungsoo. Moments later, someone sat beside me. I look up to see Mika sitting across me, her face so serious.

"Hi," I smile at my friend but she remained serious.

"Are you nuts? I told you he's dangerous!" She said.

I remained silent and stare at my hands on the table. I cannot look at her straight in the eyes.

"You told me that he's a jerk. You actually hated him so much. What happened?" She dramatically raised her hand.

"I know," I sighed. "It all happened so fast."

"Minji..." she sighed in disappointment. Myungsoo came and placed the tray of food on the table.

"Hey, Mika," Myungsoo greets her but she gave her a sharp stare.

"Don't you dare greet me," she sneered and walks away. Myungsoo sat down while chuckling.

"What's funny?" I creased my eyebrows.

"She's funny," he said while placing the food in front of me. "She's jealous."

"No she's not," I try to defend my friend.

"Yes she is," he smirks.

"No she's not. She's just concerned about me."

"Minji, I can read minds. And I can read hers. And her mind says she's jealous of the way of how I treat you because I never treated her this way," he continuously say. "Now, eat."

I glance at Mika and I saw her frowning. I need to talk to her. I need to straight things out. But for now, let me fill my growling stomach.