Fifteen

Minji

The man in front of me has a reddish shoulder length blonde hair, watery grey eyes and there's a blank ink which looks like a tattoo crawling up his neck.

"H-how did you know my uncle?" I ask and I was not able to hide the nervousness in my voice.

"Oh, your uncle was very famous in this village," he said and his lips formed a scary smirk. He completely steps in the convenience store and I felt myself backed away.

"What are you doing here...alone?" He asks and looks at me from head to toe and back. I swallowed my saliva with difficulty.

"I...I was looking for a charger station but no one was on the counter. I thought something was wrong," I said, glancing outside the store in the process. Hoping I could find anyone for help.

"Charging station?" He said and scratch his cheek. "There isn't one here. But I know where to find one. Want me to guide you there?" Even though he's asking nicely, I can still sense that he's planning on something else.

"No thanks. I... I better get going now." I was about to go but he blocked my way.

"Hey there now. Why the rush?" He held my wrist but I jerked back. I think I annoyed him by the way he chuckled.

"Let me get things straight," he slouched down and put his face close to mine as if I am a five year old and needs a clear instruction. "Follow me and no one will get hurt."

I shudder at his words. I have my option, run for my life or follow him which I clearly know will cost my life as well. I once again look at the glass door but saw no sign of anyone who could help me.

Who is this person? Is he a robber? Why does he know my uncle? These questions are circling on my mind right now but one thing is for sure. This man standing in front of me is not a good person!

"What happened to the counter attendant?" I bravely asked.

"Look around you," he steps closer. "This place is empty. Nobody knows you're in here." I shudder once again. Oh God! Will this be the end of me?

He roughly took me by my arm and pulled me to the door but before we could reach it, someone came in. Oh thank goodness!

"Is there any problem in here?" It's Myungsoo. I hope he's reading my mind right now. My mind is screaming for help!

The man lets go of my arm and Myungsoo walks towards me. "You okay?" He whispered and I nodded.

"It's been a long time....Myungsoo," the man smirked and I felt Myungsoo stiffened. What the?! He knows Myungsoo too? Who the hell is this guy?!

"Oh well, it seems like you don't need my help anymore," the man said to me. "Until we meet again." He stares at Myungsoo and Myungsoo stares back. They aren't saying anything, it seems like their talking trough their eyes. Myungsoo suddenly moves forward and hid me behind his back.

"We'll meet again, Myungsoo," his voice soft and silky. "We'll meet again." He bows his head a little and went out of the store. Myungsoo immediately turns to me after and cups my cheeks.

"Are you okay? Were you hurt?" He worriedly asked.

"What the hell happened? Who was that?" I ask but instead of answering me, he held my hand and pulled me out of the store.

"Let's go."

"Myungsoo, tell me what's happening," I demanded while I'm being dragged towards his car. "Myungsoo, stop!"

He stopped as I pulled my hand from his grip. "Tell me what's going on!" He raked his hair up then put his hands on his waist.

"I won't loose you, Minji. I won't let that happen," he said as he touches my cheeks and stares at me with a mixture of anger and concern. "I'll explain everything later. We have to go first." He pulled me by my hand but I stopped him again.

"Wait, aunt Isabelle is with me."

"Where is she? Let's go get her," he said as he looks around.

"She's at the diner across the street."

"Alright, I'll get her. Let's get you in the car first," he said and I follow him this time.

I pressed both of my hands on my forehead as Myungsoo left me in the car. What the hell just happened back there? Why is Myungsoo so scared?

I heard voices outside the car and I saw aunt Isabelle and Myungsoo outside the window. Aunt Isabelle has this confused look on her face as she went inside the car.

"What's happening?" She asks. Myungsoo got in the driver's seat and starts the car. "Mind telling me what's going on?"

"Not now, Isabelle!" He said and hits the road. "Let's get the two of you somewhere safe first."

The drive was so suffocating and the safe place Myungsoo was talking about was at our house. Myungsoo hopped out of the car and opened the door for us.

"Mind telling me what's going on now?" Aunt Isabelle asked as we got inside the house. Myungsoo shuts the door and peeped through the window curtains.

"Myungsoo!" Aunt Isabelle raised her voice as she grew impatient. Myungsoo turns to us and raked his hair up.

"Minji, please go up. I'll just talk to Isabelle," he said.

"No, I won't! I need answers too!" I demanded. He walks towards me and leaned his forehead on mine.

"Please, babe. I'll be with you later," he whispered which somehow soothed what I'm feeling right now. I went up my room and paced the floor. I press my ear on my bedroom door from time to time hoping that I could hear something from their conversation but it's useless. I sat on my bed and wait for Myungsoo.

After minutes of waiting, I got impatient so I stood up and walks towards the door but before I could reach it, it swung open. Myungsoo came in and shut the door behind him. He took slow strides towards me and hugged me tight.

"Thank goodness nothing happened to you," he whispered and buried his face on my neck.

"Myungsoo, please tell me what's happening," I said as I pulled away from his hug.

"Someone's after you," he said which made my nerves chaotic.

"Who is it and why is he after me?"

"He's the creature which attacked your uncle before and I thought I already killed," he said and I saw despair in his eyes.

"Shape shifting ghoul," I gasp.

"I don't know the reason why he's after you but I'm suspecting this is with regards his revenge on what I did to him."

I was not able to say anything. I just stood still and stare at nothing until I felt Myungsoo's hands on my waist. "I won't let anything happen to you, Minji. I swear that if something happens to you, I won't be able to forgive myself."

"But I don't want you to hurt just because of protecting me. If he is after me then this is my fight," I said and cup his neck with my hands, tracing his jaw line.

"You have no idea what kind of creatures they are," his eyes holds an intensity I've never seen before. "You're mine, babe. Your fights are my fight. Hearing that creatures thoughts a while ago makes want to snap his neck right there and then but I couldn't. I couldn't because I know you will be in danger."

He pulls me closer and leans his forehead on mine. "If something happened to you a while ago? I don't think I could handle it," he whispered and it made me close my eyes. What did I do to deserve this kind of man? Or should I say immortal?

"Stay at my place," he suddenly whispered. "In that way, I can protect you easily."

I stare at his eyes. "I can't leave. What about auntie?"

"I already talked to her about this and she agreed," he said. "The creature is after you, not your Auntie. If you will stay in here, I won't be able to protect you completely. She as well might be in danger if you'll stay," he said.

I thought about it. Myungsoo's right. It wasn't the best option but something's telling me that he had been making the best of risky decisions for me. For my safety. If I had to fight for my life, I couldn't think of anyone else to be with but with him.