Seven

Minji

I woke up feeling determined. Yes. I'm determined to uncover Myungsoo's real character. I am most certain that he has abilities which are very far from human abilities. I am not sure if he really is a vampire but I'll find it out today.

After showering, I button myself into a black and white stripped blouse, pulled on cropped tights, wore my maroon scarf around my neck and my favorite ankle boots. Smoothing my slightly crumpled shirt, I head out of my room down the kitchen.

I breezed into the kitchen to find Aunt Isabelle making her favorite Mac and cheese. I've been eating a lot of this food lately.

"You're up early," she said as she fix her eye glasses at the bridge of her nose.

"Yeah. I need to finish something at school," I lied. I placed my bag on the other chair and sat on the chair next to it.

"Here, eat some to start your day," she sweetly said as she placed a bowl of Mac and cheese in front of me.

"Thanks," I said and shovel a spoonful in my mouth. She sat across me and happily eats her bowl of food too.

"Auntie," I called her attention after finishing my food.

"Yes?" She continues reading her newspaper.

"Do you believe in immortals?" She suddenly stopped and stares at me. "Like for example...vampires?"

She looks at me for a moment then went back on reading. "What nonsense are you talking about my dear?" She said and why is it that her actions change? Why does it seems like she became restless? She keeps on glancing at me.

"Nothing," I shrug and grabbed my bag. I stood up and bid my goodbye but before I go, she called me.

"Please be careful and please do not stay out very late," she said and I heard worry in her voice. I look at my car key which is on my hand then I look at her again.

"I will," I answered. I went out of the house all the way to the car. I placed my bag on the back seat and start the car.

Why did Aunt Isabelle's actions change? Does she know something?

•••••••

At school, I found a parking space at the back of the student lot and hiked across the lawn to a side entrance. I am still very early and there are only few students arrived. It is still raining and I think the rain won't stop any day now.

Come to think of it! I am only on my third day here in this place and yet I have already discovered something. Something that others might have not discovered yet even though they have been here for years.

I went to the cafeteria to check if Myungsoo is there but he isn't. I check some of the rooms but he's no where to be found.

"Maybe he has not yet arrived," I mumble to myself.

"Who has not yet arrived?" I heard someone which made me jump.

"Relax! I'm not gonna eat you," he chuckled which made me shiver.

"Can we talk?" I asked this guy in front of me. He smirked and raked his hair up which made his hair messier but he's still hot.

Wait! What?! Why would you even think that he's hot, Minji! Get a hold of yourself!

"So you've been looking for me?" He walks closer.

"Y-yeah," I stammered as I step back but my back touch the wall so now I'm trapped. Great!

"Talk about what?" He asks. He leaned both of his hands on both sides of my head.

I should not be afraid of him! Why should I be afraid of him?! I raised my chin up and looks into his golden brown eyes.

"You know what about," I said. "You can't hide it from me anymore."

"Really?" He smiles and I saw his teeth and that is when I noticed that he has slightly sharp canine teeth. "How are you so sure that I'm hiding something?"

"You've already shown me a lot of signs, Myungsoo. Don't try to hide it from me now," I proudly said and leans closer to him. He became serious and I saw his Adams apple rise up and down very slowly like he's very thirsty. He suddenly grabs my wrist and drag me to somewhere I don't know.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask. Thank goodness there are no students around. Wait, in this situation I should be thankful if there are students around. This guy might take me somewhere and drain all of my blood.

"You want answers? I'll give you answers," he smirks. He carried me on his arms and the next thing that I know is that we are up the rooftop.

"What the? How did we--?" I asked, baffled at what happened. He brought me down and now my feet are on the ground again.

"Yes, Minji. What you think is true," he said which made me look at him.

"I'm not yet saying anything. How are you so sure that it is what I am thinking?"

"I can read your thoughts," he said and walks closer. "I can read it every single day. And that is when I learned how stubborn you are."

"What? Wait! You're reading my mind?" I frantically ask. He nods. "Everyday?" He nods again.

"I want to know everything," I told him. "Everything about you," I added.

"Everything you've searched last night, those are everything about me," he hesitated. "That is me."

"So you really are a vampire," I whispered what's on my mind. "Wait, last night? Are you spying on me? Are you stalking me?"

"Sort of," he shrugs.

"Why? I mean why are you saving me all the time?"

"It's because you are addicting," he looks straight into my eyes.

"What?"

"Your scent is very addicting and do you know that this day can be your last day?" He walks towards me.

"I'm not afraid of you," I said, chin up.

"Really?" He walks even closer and I step back. He smirks.

"You won't hurt me because if you will, then why do you keep on saving me?"

He stops and became serious. "Because I see her in you," he blurts out.

"Her? Who's her?" I ask again

"Someone's coming," he whispered and is about to go.

"Wait, you're not yet answering me!" I said but he's already gone. The door swung open and a student came in the rooftop. I cleared my throat and bowed my head then I completely went out of the rooftop.

I still have a lot of questions in mind. Why is he saving me? And who is that 'her' he's referring to? One thing is I'm sure now, he really is a vampire. And I'm going to find out everything about him.