Twenty

Minji

Myungsoo immediately grab my wrist and hid me behind him.

"Aww, that's so sweet. As if you could hide her like that," the man said.

"Who are you?" I breathed, the words struggling to escape like something's stuck in my throat.

"You already forgot about me?" The man said like his feelings were hurt. He suddenly laughed which scared me. "Oh, I totally forgot. I used a different identity the first time we saw each other. Hold on a second." The man's body kept on moving in a very disgusting way and his form changed. Oh my God! He was the man from the convenient store.

"We meet again, Minji," he said and jerked my aunt's head back and met her frightened eyes.

"Stop!" I shriek and tried to stop the ghoul but Myungsoo held me tight.

"That's right, Myungsoo. Stop her from getting near me. We might not know what I can do to her," he smirks.

"You son of a gun! What do you want?!" Myungsoo said between his gritted teeth.

"You see, this woman," he forcedly let aunt look at him. She whimpered from pain and turn her face away from him. "She's very stubborn. Her husband took something from me and I'm very sure it's hidden somewhere here."

"I told you, I have no idea what you're talking about," aunt said.

"Shut up!" The man shouted which made my aunt cry in terror. My pulse quicken from fear and anger. I know this is an impulsive thing to do but I need to save my aunt.

I launched myself at the ghoul but before I could even touch a part of his skin, I flew and my back banged at the wall. I coughed at the strong impact. I suddenly felt this excruciating pain from my chest which makes me breathe heavily. Oh my God! My heart disease is attacking right now. Why now?! Not now!

"Minji, are you okay?" Myungsoo asked as he got near me.

"My...My aunt," I said despite my struggle in breathing. "Save my aunt."

"What's happening?" He panicked.

"Just go save my aunt!" I shouted.

"S**t!" He cursed, confused at what to do. I heard a loud thud and both Myungsoo and I look at where it came from.

"A little help here, cousin?" Its Woohyun. I saw the ghoul at the other side of the room where Woohyun threw him, wiping the blood off the edge of his mouth as he stood up. That gave me the opportunity to help my aunt but before I could even go near her, the ghoul got her first. Myungsoo and Woohyun tried to fight the ghoul but every time they try to go near it, they are being thrown at the other side of the room.

"You know what happens to humans who pisses me off?" He angrily said and snaps my aunt's neck. She hit the floor with a cold thud. She's dead. "I kill them."

My eyes widened in horror. "No!!!!" I shriek and run towards the ghoul but hands grab my waist and stop me.

"Minji!" The owner of the hands shouted. I fight off the hands and clawing the air wildly to get my hands on the ghoul even though I clearly know I have no power to defeat him.

"Minji, stop!" The voice said, wrapping his hand tightly around my waist. My vision is being blocked by anger and the thing I want to do right now is to get to the ghoul and kill it. I can't be stopped. I'm so furious to be stopped.

A form appeared in front of me but I was too blinded by my anger to see who it was. I only saw a flash of red eyes.

Sleep.

And the next thing I saw is total darkness.

••••••

I flatter my eyes open and a room took shape.

I sat up and check my surrounding. Where am I? What happened? I moved once again but I feel like my whole body's been beaten up. I look around and noticed that I am in Myungsoo's room. I saw Woohyun leaning his back against the wall while Myungsoo is at the edge of the bed, clutching a fistful of his hair. The sadness in their faces made me remember what just happened.

"Oh my God! My aunt," I said and I heard small sobs coming out from my mouth. I felt the bed move and arms wrap around me.

"I'm so sorry, babe," Myungsoo whispered. "I'm so sorry." Not a single word came out from my mouth, sobs can only be heard in the room.

"Where is she? She's fine, right?" I frantically asked even though I clearly witnessed what just happened. Both of them just remained silent. "Right?" I ask once again, seeking for answer.

"You should rest," Myungsoo said and tried to lay me down but I refused.

"No," I sobbed. "I need to go to her. She needs me." I tried to stand from the bed but Myungsoo held my shoulders.

"Minji, please," he pleaded and I heard despair in his voice but as a stubborn girl I am, I still insist in seeing my aunt. I push him until I'm of energy.

"You promised me!" I sob as I continuously hit his chest. "You promised me, Myungsoo!" I look at him with tears rolling down my cheeks. "You promised to protect my aunt at all cost!"

He was not able to react at what I've said. He tries to hold my hand but I jerked back. Even though I know that my aunt's death is not his fault, I am blinded by the fact that he was not able to save her even though she has this multiple powers he possess.

Myungsoo stood up and went out of the room. I remained crying even though I'm already out of breath.

"He did everything, Minji," I heard Woohyun said. "He did everything just for you." I look at him. He's now approached me and sat beside me. "No one is at fault at what happened. I know you're in grief at what happened but no one is to be blamed."

"You have no idea how it feels," I said.

"Yes, I may not," he said. "But I'm pretty sure that Myungsoo knows how you feel."

I stare at my hands and play with my thumbs. He's right, and I feel guilty for what I've said to Myungsoo. Myungsoo has already experienced this when his mother died. But as I remember how my aunt died, without even having a chance to fight, the rage inside be bubbles up and I can't help not to feel mad.

I lay down and covered my face with blanket. I cried my eyes out. Moments later, I felt the bed move and the room went so quiet and empty.