Thirty Two

Myungsoo

"Jiyong, stop!" I shouted when he is about to continue what they are about to do, not minding what the ghoul said.

"We don't have much time! We won't be able to defeat these mutts!" He shouted as well.

"Give it to me now!" The ghoul shouted and tightly grip Minji's neck.

"Jiyong, don't! Please stop!" I shouted as well.

Jiyong looks at me, then to the ghoul then back to the heart. I can see that he's having difficulty deciding.

"Give it to me!" The ghoul shouted once more and smashed Minji on the wall.

"No!" I screamed and is about to dash towards him but a mutt attacks me. "Jiyong, just give it to him!" I shouted as I am trying to escape the mutt.

"We don't have any choice," Jiyong said as he gives me an apologetic look. He signalled Top to continue and Top's hand flamed again. I look at the ghoul. He's now furious. He placed his hands on Minji's face and smashed her body on the ground.

"No!" I rip the mutt apart and immediately run towards the ghoul. The ghoul raised his fist up and is about to smash Minji with it when Woohyun attacks him and they both roll on the ground. The ghoul suddenly flamed up with black fire and that is when I know that Jiyong and Top succeeded in burning the ghoul's heart. All the mutts made this terrible scream as they fall on the ground and burning.

"You'll pay for this! All of you will pay for this!" The ghoul shouted as he is turning to ashes. The mutts explode one by one and I immediately run towards Minji to protect her body. The ghoul's body is now completely ashed and Seungri collected it in a container. They placed it in a box and Bom casts a spell on it. For it not to be opened by anyone.

"Minji?" I touch her face with my fingers carefully. I know that some of her bones are fractured when the the ghoul smashed her. "Chaerin!" I called out while still staring at Minji's wounded face. It shatters my heart to pieces to see her in this state.

Chaerin sat beside me as she checks Minji on my arms. "She's completely wounded," she said just by looking at Minji.

"I am completely aware of that! Just do what you must do!" I shouted for I am so desperate to see Minji's eyes open again. They all surround us now. Woohyun sat on my other side and pats my shoulder, assuring me that everything will be fine.

Chaerin placed her hands on Minji's chest and they glow. Chaerin closed her eyes and I can see it crease from time to time. She stops and looks at me.

"I can't feel her heartbeat," she said. "There is no sign of her pulse too."

"So what are you trying to imply?" I asked.

"Myungsoo, I... I might not-"

"No! Do it Chaerin. I know you can do it," I said with my pleading eyes.

"That's enough," Jiyong ordered and helped Chaerin stand but I stopped her by grabbing her wrist.

"No! You must do it Chaerin!" I firmly said.

"I said that's enough!" Jiyong roared.

"No, you stop!" I shouted as well. "I told you to stop earlier! I told not to do it!"

"If I stopped," Jiyong raised his voice more. "Do you think the ghoul will be dead by now? Do you think we'll be able to defeat those mutts? Do you think we can give justice for Chanyeol who sacrificed his life? Do you think we all still be alive?!"

We exchange furious stares and Daesung tried to pacify Jiyong but he just roughly shrug his hand off of him.

"Think what would happen, Myungsoo," Jiyong continues. "If I handed the heart to that ghoul just for that ordinary human!"

That made me more furious and glares at him. "You have no right to call her ordinary," I said in my gritted teeth. "She changed my life in every positive way. She made me realize how beautiful life is! She made me realize that even though I am a vampire who is feared by everyone, someone can still love me without any worries. You have no idea how special she is to me Jiyong. You have no right to say she's ordinary!"

I didn't realize that I am crying while talking until a tear fell on my arm. But I don't care anymore! I don't care if they call me a cry baby! I want her back! I want Minji back!

"I'll do it," Chaerin said and kneels in front of Minji who is in my arms.

"No, Chaerin! You know you haven't mastered that skill of yours. It might be dangerous for you," Jiyong warned.

"I know but I should give it a shot," she said and looks into my eyes like she empathize with what I feel. She once again placed her hands on Minji's chest and they glow. Her eyes turned complete white. I held Minji's hand and brought it on my lips.

Don't die on me, Minji. Please stay with me.

Chaerin's hands glow brighter above Minji's chest and I can see that Chaerin is now having a hard time breathing.

"She's losing her energy," Dara said. "We need to stop her, oppa."

Jiyong gave me a look like it's now my decision. I change glances from Minji and Chaerin. Minji still has no sign of life and Chaerin is about to loose her energy. I close my eyes and held back my tears. I held Chaerin's hand and slowly took it off from Minji's chest. Chaerin gasps for air and her eyes turned back to normal.

We all look at Minji and wait for any sign of life...but there's none. I held Minji's cheek and I couldn't held back my tears anymore.

"I'm sorry, Myungsoo. Her body was completely damaged and her heart...It's like it has already been damaged even before the attack of the ghoul," Chaerin apologetically said.

Her disease. Her disease stops Chaerin's power.

"I'm so sorry, Myungsoo," Chaerin whispered. Woohyun who is sitting beside me stood up like he wants to give me space.

I stare at Minji and flashbacks of our happy memories appeared on my mind. Times when she shows her love to me. How she runs towards me after school and gives me a tight hug. Times when we are happy in each other's arms.

I hug her lifeless body so tight. I heard soft sobs from my mouth as I rock my body. Like I am just putting her to sleep.

"I love you," I whisper. She's gone. She's now completely gone.