Twenty Two

Minji

I had been expecting the stares and whispers. The coldness. No one at school talked to me. I walk through the hall, keeping my head up and ahead. They all saw the dark circles my concealer couldn't hide and I was thinner because I do not have the appetite to eat. They all are looking at me with pity.

I decided to go to the restroom before I attend my first class.

"Did you see her?" I heard someone came in as I am inside of one of the cubicles.

"She looks... I don't know," one of the girls said. "I actually pity her."

"You pity her?" The other one scoffed. "Why will you pity a b**ch like her? She was with her boyfriend while the incident happened. That slut chose to stay with her boyfriend rather than be with her relatives."

You don't know anything! I screamed on my mind.

"You have a point there," the other girl giggles. "I actually don't know why Myungsoo chose her. I mean look at her. She's way too normal."

"Don't underestimate her," the other one said with a chuckle. "As what I've told you, she's a slut. She maybe is good in bed. You know Myungsoo, he likes girls who are great in bed. That's the reason why I get to hook up with him."

Both of them giggle and I heard them high five with each other. I clenched my fist and tried to stop myself from crying but it's useless. My tears continuously roll down my cheeks. I know Myungsoo had a lot of girls in his past before but it hurts me to imagine that he had already slept with someone. What hurts me more is that they think that I am just another girl who makes him happy in bed.

"You done talking, b**ches?" I heard someone said and slammed the cubicle door. I think she's been there and heard everything the girls said. "Done talking about a person who is not in front of you?"

"What is it to you if we talk about her?" One of the girl scoffed.

"Mind your own business, Mika!" The other one said.

Mika?

"You should say that to yourselves. Mind your own business!" She hissed. "If there is someone I can call slut, it's the two of you! Look at yourselves! You wear clothes that are too revealing! Better not to wear anything if you'll wear those kind of clothes!"

"Why you! You're just jealous of how we look," the other girl said which made Mika laugh.

"Me, jealous? I won't be jealous of that slutty appearance," he said  and chuckled.

"Let's go, friend," the other girl said and I heard the restroom door shut close.

"That's right, run away!" She chuckled more. "B**ches!" I heard her murmur. I remained silent in the cubicle and wait for her to go out of the restroom as well. I still don't have the guts to show myself to her.

"You can come out now," she said which startled me. She knows I'm here all along. I slowly walked out of the cubicle and shyly smile at her.

"Are you okay?" She softly ask and with that question, soft sobs came out from my mouth. She walks towards me and gave me a hug.

"It's alright," he shushed me as she strokes my back.

"I'm trying to look strong. To be strong. I don't like them to see me as a weak girl. I don't know what to do now, Mika,"  I sobbed in her arms.

"I understand," she whispers and looks at me. "You know what, you are a strong girl. You really handle the situation better than anybody I know."

"Thanks, Mika," I sniffed and look at her. "I'm sorry, too."